cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to explain certain things for a recon?

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

How to explain certain things for a recon?

I am curious what are some of the right things to say when calling for a recon?

There is really one I am considering, Barclay's Apple. The only reason for denial was too many inquiries. How do you explain those?

Also, what about other things like 'too many recently opened accounts', even something derogatory like a collection? Just curious for the future, I have a habit of digging myself a hole and saying the wrong thing some times....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: How to explain certain things for a recon?

Really just be honest about why and how you racked up that many inquiries / accounts. Lying to them or sugar coating things isn't going to make it any better, and I'm sure many people are already trying that on a daily basis so they are probably sick of hearing excuses
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

so then I guess I would say that since improving my credit report, I applied and was approved for many cards I was interested in? Hmm...

Message 3 of 4
n777ua
Established Contributor

This might help . . . 

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/05/video-srq-how-to-handle-getting-denied-for-having-too-many-inquiries...

MODS: I can't remember if its OK to link to an outside source, if not, my apologies and please remove this post.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.