Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get AMEX Backdated?

tag
aamex
Frequent Contributor

How to get AMEX Backdated?

I talked to a CSR today about applying for the Blue Cash that says im pre-approved for but I wanted to know if it would be backdated and she said she didn't know what backdating was and it would be a new account with that date that it is opened not the day of my first account... so im guessing she is clueless. How do you get Amex to backdate a card?

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: How to get AMEX Backdated?

@aamex wrote:

I talked to a CSR today about applying for the Blue Cash that says im pre-approved for but I wanted to know if it would be backdated and she said she didn't know what backdating was and it would be a new account with that date that it is opened not the day of my first account... so im guessing she is clueless. How do you get Amex to backdate a card?

Sounds like the CSR may have been confused. Amex automatically backdates new accounts, as long as the prior (original) account is open / or was closed in good standing.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.