Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Amazon Prime Visa Card

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

How to get Amazon Prime Visa Card

Recently got the Amazon prime memebership so how can I get the Amazon Prime Metal card from Chase?

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get Amazon Prime Visa Card

@Harvey26 wrote:

Recently got the Amazon prime memebership so how can I get the Amazon Prime Metal card from Chase?

Apply for it from Chase?  Not much more to it than that.  Getting the Amazon Prime Membership has nothing to do with obtaining the card.  There is a link right on your Amazon page if you want to apply

Message 2 of 43
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

Apply for it from Chase?  Not much more to it than that.  Getting the Amazon Prime Membership has nothing to do with obtaining the card.  There is a link right on your Amazon page if you want to apply

Ok maybe I wasnt clear I have the Amazon Visa Card now. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

Ok maybe I wasnt clear I have the Amazon Visa Card now. 

Oh ok, that makes more sense Smiley Tongue  I'm not sure of the process there.  Others will know I'm sure.

Message 4 of 43
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

It's the same card. The rewards should upgrade on their own. When the rewards were increased in January, the upgraded 5% reward showed up in my Amazon account pretty quickly, but it took a couple of weeks to show on Chase's site. My guess is that the timeline will be about the same if you have the card, then purchase Prime. If you want to be sure, call and ask.

Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was in the same boat as you OP. I had the Amazon Chase card but no prime..then I got prime so I called Chase and had them send me a metal version.
Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, you'll probably automatically get the upgraded perks of the Prime version of the card and they may even send you a Prime card in time automatically... but calling them up and requesting it I'm sure would speed up that process.

Slightly off topic here, but as far as I know this card even though it's through Chase can't be applied for from the Chase site.  Every time I've tried it always directs me to the Amazon site and the application is done from there.  I'm also assuming it can't be applied for in-branch either for this reason, but I don't know for certain.

Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

A couple months ago I was told in a chase branch that they do not take in person applications for any of their cobranded cards (Marriott, Amazon, Southwest, etc). 

Message 8 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A couple months ago I was told in a chase branch that they do not take in person applications for any of their cobranded cards (Marriott, Amazon, Southwest, etc). 

You can apply for both united cards in branch.

you can even be preapproved and bypass 5/24 in branch 

Message 9 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

My buddy recently called to get the metal card and they told him he has to wait 45 days.
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.