Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Amazon Prime Visa Card

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: How to get Amazon Prime Visa Card

If you're not supposed to shred it, how do you safely dispose of it?

Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone knwo the approval requirements for the Amazon Prime card? Would the requirements be closer to freedom/slate CSP, or CSR? Just curious for the future.

Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Probably have to cut it up with some heavy duty cutters that can go through metal.  I remember cutting pennies in half as a kid with some super strong cutters my father had.  Something like that would work.  Otherwise perhaps bringing science into it.  Melting it, dissolving it, etc?  lol

Message 23 of 43
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Probably have to cut it up with some heavy duty cutters that can go through metal.  I remember cutting pennies in half as a kid with some super strong cutters my father had.  Something like that would work.  Otherwise perhaps bringing science into it.  Melting it, dissolving it, etc?  lol

Google is our friend. Smiley Happy

You'll need to call Chase, and they'll send you a postage-paid envelope. Mail in the card, and they'll dispose of it.

Metal cutters and blow torches won't work.

Message 24 of 43
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hopefully once my credit scores go up, I would like to get one these cards. I buy quite a bit a Amazon using the store card. Not sure if that purchase history helps or counts towards the approval of the Visa card.

Message 25 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Metal cutters and blow torches won't work.

You don't think cutters that can cut through a penny can cut through a Chase Amazon card?  I've never felt one of these cards, but I wouldn't expect it to be stronger or thicker than a penny.  If it is, that's pretty impressive.

Message 26 of 43
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Chase will send you an envelope to mail back the card for disposal. Same procedure for their Sapphire Preferred and Reserve.

As for cutting the card with those scissors you can cut pennies with, I'd imagine that you'd have to first peel of the two layers of plastic... Might be able to cut it then. Lol. 

Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would think if it could cut through metal no problem that two thin layers of plastic overlaying the metal would be light work and no sweat.  Again, just thinking here as I've never seen or held one of these cards.

Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Chase recommends returning to one of their branches for secure disposal

Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would think if it could cut through metal no problem that two thin layers of plastic overlaying the metal would be light work and no sweat.  Again, just thinking here as I've never seen or held one of these cards.

Fun Fact: encasing metal in plastic makes it HIGHLY resistant to cutting.  Just google 'cut resistant bicycle lock' for examples  Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.