Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get BoA product change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get BoA product change

Thanks for the great forum! I have a question: my secured BoA CC recently graduated to 800 CL, and I try to make a product change to avoid annual fee, and get some rewards if possible. I've called 800-626-2556, which is the number in my statement, and 866-253-0576, which I was transferred to. However, I got transferred 3 times by 800-626-2556 and the later one is actually for new applications so I'm kinda stuck Smiley Sad

So which number did you call if you made a successful product change recently? and whats the magic word for it? When I said "product change", all CSRs seem to be clueless, I tried to explain the whole thing -- keep my card while convert it to another type -- and was always told that I need to get a new card.

Thanks for your help!

Message Edited by towees on 08-03-2009 04:08 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to get BoA product change

I called the number on my card and got upgraded to World Points with same annual fee.

If someone got product changed to something with no annual fee I would love to hear, I wouldn't mind a completely different card also vs world points! 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello !

i recently succeeded in getting a pc from a fully secured boa card to an  Amex accelerated cash rewards with no AF.  what i can tell u by experience is most CSR's do not even know what a pc is, and even if you get a chance to talk with a csr who knows what a pc is, he wont be able to help ! they wil tell u that ur card just graduated and u have to apply for another card or check back in 6 months which is BS......u need to talk with a credit analyst ( they have the knowledge and the will to do it )

u can use whatever number u have just make sure u ask for a credit analyst dont waist ur time with csr u can still try this one: 1888 831 4181
if u get a negative answer dont give up...hung up and try again (i did it many times )
if there are baddies in your reports that u do not want a credit analyst to know about dont call them.
these days a simple phone call can turn into a nightmare with boa ...but i think u should be fine since your card just graduated. if they agree to pc your card u have to tell them  u do not want  AF ...if u dont say so you may still be charged af

good luck!

Message Edited by boamacy on 08-03-2009 06:10 PM
Message Edited by boamacy on 08-03-2009 10:52 PM
Message 3 of 5
ottergo4
Contributor

Back in Feb. I tried to get a product change to a no fee card. Talked to 3 or 4 different analysts. Same answer from them all. If I wanted a no fee card it would take a new application with a new inquiry to get a totally different card. Was still charged the annual fee but did get World Points "added" to my platinum plus with just a soft pull.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. The number on the back of my CC is 800-421-2110, listed as a backdoor number in the sticky thread, also called but it looks like a regular CS line...

While boamacy's experience is encouraging, an 8K AMEX card is beyond my league, my EQ FAKO score is 650 with 2 baddies dated in 2005 and 2006, BoA made a hard pull when graduated this card last week, thats after 12 billing cycles and I had to call in, so I'm not sure if its a good idea to get the analyst to look into my credit history.

Message Edited by towees on 08-03-2009 10:41 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.