cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get CLI or switch to a different card via online chat?

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: How to get CLI or switch to a different card via online chat?

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@nursepower wrote:

Sorry....currently trying to woo cap 1 into some love for my trip. They said they can't combine limits ie: MC limit to visa limit. and I'm not eligible for an upgrade.

This is different than conversion. 

You cannot combine (as of now) two Capital One cards. Also, if their system does not give you a credit limit increase then their chat reps won't be of any help.

Your best bet is to get in contact with Capital One Executive Office.

Even the EO is not foolproof. I called them the other day about a potential CLI, since the increase button had rejected me. While the lady said she could put in a request if I wanted, she advised me that they generally don't approve more often than every 6 months. She wasn't as scripted as a normal CSR, but the point is, the policies still exist across the company, EO or not. I didn't bother with the request. Of course, EO can override the 6 month thing, but it doesn't mean they always will.

With OP's question, combining limits, it's simply not done with the company, so no matter who they ask, it's not gonna happen. A CLI with the EO can be successful vs the regular CSRs, but as stated above, the company policies are still going to apply (and perhaps their EO is getting tired of calls for these types of requests i.e. simple CLIs; that was kind of the impression the lady gave me).

I agree.

I have approached the EO twice, and both times only after exhausting my regular channels.

I also only contacted them knowing that I've checked the eligibility criteria; i.e. last CLI was 6 months ago or older; account was in perfect standing; credit profile strictly improved in that duration; a good deal of purchases were made and payments were made in full. That way, I could always make the case that I demonstrated I was a good and profitable customer, I wasn't overeager, and something must have been wrong in their system otherwise I should have got a CLI.

That's one reason why this time I wasn't so sure of calling; but I didn't need to. On 181st day, the luv button deity blessed me with $2k and that was enough for me. I might still want to fight the APR and WMC battle but I'm thinking of waiting out the next 6 months, getting another possible CLI (hopefully), and getting all scores above 750. Just a bit stuck with other things for a while to make that a priority.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.