cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get CLI or switch to a different card via online chat?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get CLI or switch to a different card via online chat?

Reach out to Social Media reps. They are awesome to respond and quick to PC you. Send em a quick message on facebook 

They took care of 3 cards in one day for a PC. 

As far as the CLI you will need to reach out to EO. Which may or may not provide a CLI. 

Message 11 of 21
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@nursepower wrote:

ok. thank  you

Good luck.

Use the info on this thead to contact EO.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@nursepower wrote:

Sorry....currently trying to woo cap 1 into some love for my trip. They said they can't combine limits ie: MC limit to visa limit. and I'm not eligible for an upgrade.

This is different than conversion. 

You cannot combine (as of now) two Capital One cards. Also, if their system does not give you a credit limit increase then their chat reps won't be of any help.

Your best bet is to get in contact with Capital One Executive Office.

Also, upon further reading, I didn't see you having two Cap One cards. Are you talking about making your QS1 a no-fee QS? 

Chat reps (sometimes) might give a wrong answer about this conversion not being possible. You can also ask the Executive Office to waive off your annual fee which will make it a QuickSilver effectively.

I and many others in this forum have converted our previously non-QuickSilver MCs into QuickSilver. The MC doesn't change into a Visa with Cap One.

They did change my m/c into a visa.  I had a platinum prestige m/c  & changed it to a QS visa.  No problem over the phone with a rep.  Very quickly done.

Message 13 of 21
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

Currently messaging back and forth on facebook with a rep. Will let you know what happens.

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nursepower wrote:

Currently messaging back and forth on facebook with a rep. Will let you know what happens.

Will keep fingers crossed for you...  Update with results.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

good luck! Tonight I did a chat with cap1 and was able to lower a family members QS apr to 10.9% for 7 months. And also got their other qs AF waived!

Message 16 of 21
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

They took my number but so far nothing. I will call EO as soon as I finish with Dell who gave me a $2K limit for a computer for my sons' birthday then put the order on hold and no one told me, so I call today to find out what is going on and they haven't even started the computer. Son of a .....

BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 17 of 21
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

Just spoke to EO office and she is sending my request to underwriting. Not sure what will happen if anything next. 

BK DC 10/18/18
Last app 6/2/21
Message 18 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@nursepower wrote:

Sorry....currently trying to woo cap 1 into some love for my trip. They said they can't combine limits ie: MC limit to visa limit. and I'm not eligible for an upgrade.

This is different than conversion. 

You cannot combine (as of now) two Capital One cards. Also, if their system does not give you a credit limit increase then their chat reps won't be of any help.

Your best bet is to get in contact with Capital One Executive Office.

Even the EO is not foolproof. I called them the other day about a potential CLI, since the increase button had rejected me. While the lady said she could put in a request if I wanted, she advised me that they generally don't approve more often than every 6 months. She wasn't as scripted as a normal CSR, but the point is, the policies still exist across the company, EO or not. I didn't bother with the request. Of course, EO can override the 6 month thing, but it doesn't mean they always will.

With OP's question, combining limits, it's simply not done with the company, so no matter who they ask, it's not gonna happen. A CLI with the EO can be successful vs the regular CSRs, but as stated above, the company policies are still going to apply (and perhaps their EO is getting tired of calls for these types of requests i.e. simple CLIs; that was kind of the impression the lady gave me).

Message 19 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@nursepower wrote:

Just spoke to EO office and she is sending my request to underwriting. Not sure what will happen if anything next. 

It can take up to a week, so you will have to be patient but they will call you with the results.

With regard to the facebook recommendation: the facebook page is, in my experience, the same scripted responses as the chat CSRs.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.