Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get CLI's ?

tag
lmhenry1
Contributor

Re: How to get CLI's ?

I have thought about asking them for the increase yet I wanted to know how the cli's worked in general thats why I came here. So If I ask now will I get shot down because of the high utilization? Or is the consensus to pay down my balances and then have a greater chance of approval. I know 10,000 may seem realistic but 5,000 is what I really want so should I overstate the increase that I want that way If they counter I will still a nice limit. For example If i want 25,000 ask for 30,000 that way if they say no to 30,000 I can get a limit in between. Is that a good plan?

American Express BCP - $30,000

NFCU More Rewards Amex $25,000

BOA Cash Rewards VISA Signature $25,000

Advantage Aviator Red World Mastercard - $15,150

Southwest Priority Rapid Rewards - $15,000

Chase Freedom -$8,400
Wells Fargo Propel Amex - $7,500
Total CL - $126,050

Future Goals Chase Trifecta
A Discover Card to have as a compliment to Chase Freedom Card
Message 11 of 13
YahComb
Established Contributor

You definitely want to, pay balances down and then ask for a cli. Im not sure how long nfcu takes to report a cli change, but boa Will update your reports within days(with a likely hard pull on transunion). I think it's worth a shot to ask for 3k or so there, boa can grow pretty fast as long as you have good payment habits.

But you really need to pay down those balances..i mean your boa is maxed!
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 12 of 13
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@lmhenry1 wrote:

I have thought about asking them for the increase yet I wanted to know how the cli's worked in general thats why I came here. So If I ask now will I get shot down because of the high utilization? Or is the consensus to pay down my balances and then have a greater chance of approval. I know 10,000 may seem realistic but 5,000 is what I really want so should I overstate the increase that I want that way If they counter I will still a nice limit. For example If i want 25,000 ask for 30,000 that way if they say no to 30,000 I can get a limit in between. Is that a good plan?

Ask them for a increase of what u want no need to be greedy you want 5000 ask for 5000 even though your utilization is a bit high i honestly believe nfcu is your best option. best of luck and please keep us posted!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.