Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Chase's lowest APR?

tag
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to get Chase's lowest APR?

You cant get it anymore but a frield of mine has a Freedom locked at Prime or 1% above prime for life. It came from a bank that was bought by Chase. Ke used to havea 20K limit but them cut him to 10K

Message 11 of 16
Bman70
Established Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

Are they stingy with their best rate?

It's all about your credit versus their criteria just as it is with any creditor.  What's on your reports that can be improved?

@Bman70 wrote:

Amex and Barclay both gave me 13.99% earlier this month.

Those new accounts could be part of the reason.

@mongstradamus wrote:

I am interested to know how they figure out your apr. I am still under the 0% apr till january. Are they going by when i applied for apr or when my 0% ends. It actually matters an lot for me. When i applied i was not too smart or patient, and my scores were in the high 600s. If they do it by when 0% apr ends. My scores will be around 800 give or take. 

They should have supplied your regular APR with the usual paperwork.  It's based on when you applied which is why one should always ensure that one's credit is as clean as possible when applying.

Only one of the accounts (Barclay) is reporting so far. But the two new hard pulls are reporting. I have about 5 hp per CRA, so maybe that's it. Three of those (on all three bureaus) are old mortgage pulls, two of which will fall off my mid-August. So at that time I'll have only 2 pulls. Oldest account is 11-12 years depending on CRA pulled. AAoA is 7-8 years. Total util ~10%, highest individual util ~25%. Guess I'll wait until those HP fall off, and my util is lower at end of month, then check again.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 12 of 16
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@CarnegieS wrote:

Mother got 11.99 back in 2008 with a high 800 score. Not sure if they changed the range since then or not. I also want to ensure I get a good APR when I apply with them one day since they never lower it! I will keep an eye on this thread but great question! 

To those who got the lowest APR with chase did you already have at least one of their other cards? 

i got 9.74% in 2009 (chase freedom MC)- FICOs were all above 760.... no other chase cards.

Message 13 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Chase is happy to distribute high APR on their Freedom cards.. I got 22,99% with 790 EQ Fico last year and they will never adjust ..so it remains for life Smiley Sad .. my only complaint about Chase. They give me high CLs  on their "fix" APR cards (CSP and Marriott) but Freedom where they have a bandwidth of 13,99 to 22,99% I am in the worst tier !

Message 14 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Chase is happy to distribute high APR on their Freedom cards.. I got 22,99% with 790 EQ Fico last year and they will never adjust ..so it remains for life Smiley Sad .. my only complaint about Chase. They give me high CLs  on their "fix" APR cards (CSP and Marriott) but Freedom where they have a bandwidth of 13,99 to 22,99% I am in the worst tier !

My freedom will be 18.99% when my 0% ends so not much better lol . I pay in full every month so not biggest deal. I would rather get consistent CLI 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 15 of 16
vygotsky
Contributor

@nachoslibres wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

So as their page clearly indicates, Chase Freedom's lowest APR is 13.99%: https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/chase-freedom.aspx

But when I fill out the pre-qual form, it gives me the Freedom with "a variable rate currently 18.99%." Clearly it's a real preapproval, since it tells the APR I would get.

That's the middle tier rate according to their page. Are they stingy with their best rate? Amex and Barclay both gave me 13.99% earlier this month. Who's gotten the Freedom's lowest and what did your credit look like? My scores are fairly good, all I can think is maybe my inquiries are high for Chase standards. 

I am interested to know how they figure out your apr. I am still under the 0% apr till january. Are they going by when i applied for apr or when my 0% ends. It actually matters an lot for me. When i applied i was not too smart or patient, and my scores were in the high 600s. If they do it by when 0% apr ends. My scores will be around 800 give or take. 

Go and look at your latest statement (online).  It tells you when your intro APR ends and what your APR will be.

+1

FICO 733 (Discover)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.