cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Chase to report your Cc early?

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

How to get Chase to report your Cc early?

Hey everybody! Just checked my CCT, and I accidentally let chase cut with a $3400 balance / 42,000 limit, I scheduled a payment for the $3400 for 4/21.. I've heard chase reports early but should I give them a call to see if they could update early? Or is it something that's done automatically?.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get Chase to report your Cc early?

It's automatic and take a few days.

Message 2 of 8
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Oh wow, cool! Even if they just reported on 4/19?.

BTW, thanks for the late night response WaveRider!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers Smiley Happy  Yeah even if it just reported, as soon as payment gets posted their system will send the update as a PIF account. 

Message 4 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
Hey everybody! Just checked my CCT, and I accidentally let chase cut with a $3400 balance / 42,000 limit, I scheduled a payment for the $3400 for 4/21.. I've heard chase reports early but should I give them a call to see if they could update early? Or is it something that's done automatically?.

I don't get it..... what's the urgency for having them report a $0 balance?

Are you in the position of shopping for a mortgage or waiting on closing?

Are you in the market for an auto loan?

Pending apps for a new CC?

If none of these apply then it shouldn't really be a high priority to get a $0 report for the couple of points.  You're still sub 10% on utilization for the account which is still prime for collecting those fico points.  

Message 5 of 8
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I will be obtaining a lease from Audi soon (which I'm confident that I could get on Tier1 even with the balance) but I already let my BBR report a balance of $300/8000 for this month, I generally only let one card report, that is the reason I want it at $0.

Also since last time I was AA'd by chase, this time around I want to show them my spending patterns, I let my statement cut at $3402.58, but I made a payment on 4/06 for $2500, want to show that I PIF Smiley Happy.
Message 6 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Meh.... Audi Tier 1 is a 720 auto enhanced.... That should be a pretty easy hoop to hit for you Smiley Happy

(I have one and went through AFS/VW for the financing back in 2014....at the time they went for 2.9% and paid for a month of the payments.... if I were you I would look into getting the discount program they offer through either your employer or joining the national membership for a 6% off the top discount... http://audiaffinity.com/details.aspx https://www.audiclubna.org/resources/audi-brand-experience 6% on avg on Audi is $3K or more)

I typically let 2 out of 10 accounts report a balance and my score updated this month to 844 TU / 835 EX and who knows what the hell EQ is.  I don't overthink things with scores at this point due to well, there's other things to do and anything over 750 is Tier 1 with anyone including a mortgage even though mortgage scores tend to be lower since they use older models.  Auto for some reason always seem to come in at or above your 8's.  

AA can always be a concern considering some of the recent posts around here but, chasing cutoffs is a PITA considering you'll get the points either way when you hunker down before a big purchase.  For instance when I start rotating cards through for bills that haven't been used in 6-12 months just to keep them active it's usually only a 3-5 point hit for the month that they report as a 3rd account in use vs the normal 2 I usually just use and report.

Message 7 of 8
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Chase reports every time you pay to zero, and they do it almost immediately. I've had it happen three times in a month, even when zero was the number already being reported.

Obviously, this is a great thing. The only thing that gets tricky is if you're relying on Chase to be your one card reporting a balance. It can be done, but it's easier to rely on a card from another bank for your non-zero balance.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.