Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Discover & Chase CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get Discover & Chase CLI

So I'm rebuilding and after talking to my mom decided to pull her reports and make sure everything was okay on hers. Aside from a small collections neither of us knows anything about, everything is paid on time and looks good but she has no credit cards except for a Care Credit card she uses for the dentist so she told me to app for her some cards.

I did a few prequal sites and she was approved for a Chase Freedom w/ $1500, Discover It w/ $1600, Cap1 Platinum for $1000 and her Chase Slate is pending w/ a 30 day message. I know how to get the Cap1 CLI but how does Chase & Discover give out CLI? Does she just run as much as she can and PIF like Cap1? Does she have to wait xx amount of days before asking or before they'll automatically give her a CLI? I know Chase is a hp for a CLI if she initiates it but what about Discover? Thanks for the help!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: How to get Discover & Chase CLI

All creditors determine the limit and CLI that one qualifies for based on one's credit profile and income.  Do not rely on usage.  Do not rely on "relationship".  These things may help to some small degree in some cases but they will not overrule the primary considerations.  If a person has derogs then that person should work on addressing them as well as any other issues with one's credit profile.  It's never just about the one account held with the creditor.  One's entire credit profile matters.

@Anonymous wrote:
I know Chase is a hp for a CLI if she initiates it but what about Discover?

Generally an SP but they'll indicate if an HP is needed and the person requesting has the option to back out.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.