Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Experian FICO score after denial

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

How to get Experian FICO score after denial

I recently got denied for a Chase account. I thought they would send me my EX FICO score in the denail letter but they didn't. Is there a way I can get it after getting denied?i know EX FICO is not available for purchase anymore by consumers.

thanks

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: How to get Experian FICO score after denial

@SwiftTone wrote:

I recently got denied for a Chase account. I thought they would send me my EX FICO score in the denail letter but they didn't. Is there a way I can get it after getting denied?i know EX FICO is not available for purchase anymore by consumers.

thanks

If you are denied then you are entitled to a copy of your credit report, but not a score, from the CRA that they pulled.   Chase is supposed to give you a score, but it may or may not be FICO.  It might be their own internal risk score.....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my research, it seems Chase is one of the few large lenders that have moved more toward Vantage scores. Regardless...your FICO scores and Vantage Score are higher than mine and I was approved for the Freedom on a recon. Not sure what you were applying for...but thought it worth a mention. Smiley Wink

Here is a link to an article I found on Chase and Vantage:

http://press.experian.com/united-states/Press-Release/experian-announces-availability-of-vantagescor...

Message 3 of 17
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I was applying for the CSP.

I have no clue what my EX FICO is so I thought this could be my chance of getting it. I asked for it on my recon but they said they're not supposed to give it to me. How do I go about finding what my score is that Chase pulled?

My FAKO from Experian is 610 which has me worried. I just want to know what my EX FICO is!! Smiley Happy

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 4 of 17
FrugalRican
Blogger

@SwiftTone wrote:
 I just want to know what my EX FICO is!! Smiley Happy

We all do.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 5 of 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

The denial letter should have come with a score.   Not necessarily a FICO score, but a score.   Did it ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 17
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

My Freedom approval letter has Vantage score, ranging from 501 to 990. Chase is using VantageScore for its credit card application.

Message 7 of 17
h4ldol
Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

My Freedom approval letter has Vantage score, ranging from 501 to 990. Chase is using VantageScore for its credit card application.

Well, that's good news I guess since at least you can check your Vantage score for EX. 

Message 8 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

On my denial from Chase I didn't get a score at all.....

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:
On my denial from Chase I didn't get a score at all.....

+1

My DH and I both got letters even though approved on recon. No score for either of us............

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.