cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Huntington Voice Card Outside Footprint?

tag
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: How to get Huntington Voice Card Outside Footprint?

@Anonymous wrote:

Funny you bring this topic up. I had been wanting to get Voice credit card, but when I applied a few months ago, I was denied for being outside the footprint (I'm in the MD/DC/VA area).

Then today, I received a pre-approval letter in the mail. I called and completed the app over the phone. The rep said that the online application will block you if you aren't in the footprint, so you have to talk to one of the personal bankers to apply. Finished the app in about 10 minutes and I was approved!

I did ask her if I could now have bank account, but she said I was only able to have the credit card

Had a similar thing happen when I applied for a bank account and was denied in early Oct only to receive a credit card pre-approval in Nov.  Called and got contacted with a personal banker and approved.  Haven't tried for the bank account yet.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 11 of 15
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

I too was interested in this card. I attempted to apply via phone through "Customer Service" and was told b/c I live in TX the only way I could apply was "online". I then attempted to apply online and received message I could not proceed because I lived outside of service area. Next, I called and requested to speak with a "personal banker". The personal banker told me that because I live in TX I would not be able to apply unless I had previously lived within the service area and had a banking relationship with the bank. 

Hopefully I too will receive a pre-approval via mail, but if someone has any other ideas please share! 

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TrulyyBlessed wrote:

I too was interested in this card. I attempted to apply via phone through "Customer Service" and was told b/c I live in TX the only way I could apply was "online". I then attempted to apply online and received message I could not proceed because I lived outside of service area. Next, I called and requested to speak with a "personal banker". The personal banker told me that because I live in TX I would not be able to apply unless I had previously lived within the service area and had a banking relationship with the bank. 

Hopefully I too will receive a pre-approval via mail, but if someone has any other ideas please share! 

That's so strange because they let me apply over the phone. I think it depends on the rep. You kind of gotta play it cool and apply like you would apply not knowing you have a chance to not get approved because you're not in their footprint. The first time I called they didn't let me apply but then I called again and the rep didn't even mention me not being in their footprint. I would try to apply over the phone so you know you're for sure in their database and from there wait a couple months for the pre approval letter. I'm at the waiting point to see if I get the letter. I will let you guys know when I do!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although, I live in their area and have both personal and business accounts with them for 7yrs now, I have not thought about applying. Anyone know their credit criteria? I also heard they are coming out with a business card at the end of the fourth quarter this year.
Message 14 of 15
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Although, I live in their area and have both personal and business accounts with them for 7yrs now, I have not thought about applying. Anyone know their credit criteria? I also heard they are coming out with a business card at the end of the fourth quarter this year.

When I opened a personal checking account, there was a preapproval that appeared on the banker's screen in the branch. Perhaps it's worth it to take a trip into a branch and ask if they can review your account to see if you're preapproved for any offers? Citizens Bank (in the Mid-Atlantic region) shows their tellers any preapproved offers that are currently available.

Accepting the Huntington preapproved offer resulted in a HP when I accepted. Citizens only performed a SP even after I accepted.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.