cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a CLI with high% utilization

tag
CuriousScore

How to get a CLI with high% utilization

I just got CITI Dimond Pref for $2000 CL. I immediately transfered $1500 from my other credit cards so the utilization for this card is 80%. My total utilization% is about 20%.

I really want to get a CLI for this card since it offered 15 month 0% APR. And because of this APR offer, I think I will keep a high balance on this card. 

I'd like to know if my high utilization% on this single card would affect my future CLI since this is my only CITI cards, or is it my total u% that is really what matters.

And I've read lots of ppl said that better to request CLI after 6 month of usage, especially for CITI,  anybody have any experience on that? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: How to get a CLI with high% utilization

I would like to see what answers u get regarding this cos I am in the same situation as you but with Barclay (92% used up for BT only) and Discover IT (58% of CL used up in  BT only). Dont intend to make any new purchase on the two cards, just paying the BT solely. Both accounts are under the 0% APR for 12-15months and I opened them earlier this month... my concern is more of if paying just the minimum (since both are 0% till 2015) will affect future CLI as well as the high balances. I hope others can chime in on this. BTW I also have a Citi AA card opened this month too which I been using for purchases but haven't charged more than 30% of the CL. I already paid it in full though

Message 2 of 3
CuriousScore

Re: How to get a CLI with high% utilization

We have a similar plan on paying min and get CLI. Lots of ppl say that low utilization% is the most important factor for new cc app and CLI, but I just wanna know if CITI is looking for their own card (which I pay min every month) or my total utilization (20%). 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.