Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get a Capital One CLI

You are doing good with it
Message 31 of 36
polaris2011
Contributor

Similar story to others here. I started with CO with their Platinum card at $300 SL. It got an auto-CLI to $500 at the 6-month mark then when I called to inquire about a CLI around at 8 months, I was offered an upgrade to the QS card but I was also denied the CLI (done online) the reason given: too soon after the previous bump. About a month later, however, I got a $1K auto-CLI. That was a month ago and I haven't pursued any CLIs since.

How I use my Capital One Platinum/QuickSilver card:

• Spent up to limit each month
  • PIF 5 days before the statement cut
  • Only carried a balance (less than 9% each time) twice

I would also recommend that you apply for another of their cards, maybe Venture if you are interested in miles, but it really goes to what you want and what you need your credit cards to do for you. You might also try to get a Chase card if you haven't fallen out of their 5/24 bucket.

FICO 08 Scores (Starting; BK Discharged 4/15): EQ 647, TU 655, EX 638
FICO 08 Scores (Mar-18): EQ 757, TU 736, EX 746
Score Goal: 741
Current Cards: Cap1 QS: $1500 | USAA Preferred: $16000 | PayPal MasterCard: $7500 | Discover Miles: $12000 | AMEX ED: $12000 | AMEX Cash Magnet: $1000 | Citi Diamond Preferred: $3700
Cancelled Cards: OpenSky: $200
Message 32 of 36
LXRM36
Established Member

Ok, how exactly do you go about changing a Platinum Card to a QS or other CO card???

I got the PC back about 5-6 yrs ago. If I follow the process for the question above answered, will the age of the new card it x-fers to be 0 mo, or the same 5-6 yrs it was before?

CO granted a CLI on a card I had from $1K to $1,750 in Oct. The PC has never been approved, although I am within the 6 mo window.

Credit is much better now than when these accts were opened. Now have an AMEX BCPED @ $12K, CSR @ $13.5K, CMR @ $7.5K, and a local FCU card @ $10K. Have a few others, but these are my core cards.

Any ideas/thoughts/comments would be welcomed!!!
FICO8 Feb 2, 2022: EQ: 755 TU: 739 EX: 769
BOA World Rewards: AU $15.9K
CO Platinum MC: $2K
BOA Cash Rewards: $6.7K
CO Visa Plat: $1.75K
DESCO FCU: $10K
Best Buy CBNA: $3.5K
Sync Care Cred: $7.5K
Chase Sapphire Reserve: $23.5K
AMEX BCP: $32K
Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless: $15.1K
Disco it Miles: $19.5K
Message 33 of 36
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Everything about the card will remain the same except for the rewards structure, the security code on the back, the annual fee (if applicable), and possibly the expiration date. The card's age, payment history, APR, limit, and CLI eligibility will be unaffected.

Message 34 of 36
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

@treasurecredit 

how much did you out through the card and how how much did you have at each statement ending date for you CO to increase like that?

Message 35 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LXRM36 wrote:
Ok, how exactly do you go about changing a Platinum Card to a QS or other CO card???

Go here and have a look-see. Good luck!

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.