Did you mean: 

How to get a Diners Club Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get a Diners Club Card?

@jonmyers wrote:

@HoahCredit wrote:

You are correct. Discover bought the Diners network and it is accept it in all Diners Club location in the US as well as Europe.

I actually tried to use my Disc in Europe this past August (Spain, Andorra, France) to no avail.  I had contacted Disc before the trip to verify that I could use the card where I saw Diners Club advertized, but no one would actually take the card.  It's possible that they simply didn't recognized it, and it would have worked if they tried (I can't remember if anybody actually tried to run it or just asked for another).

jonmyers

no offense but i would of just told them to run the freakin card

Message 11 of 21
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

Oh! sorry to hear that. I used my Discover card in Europe, France, Spain, and Germany; however, I had to tell the person that is the same as a Diners Club because when they just saw the card they told me that they didn't accept Discover. In short, many businesses don't know that they can run it as a Diners Club.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 12 of 21
roncota
New Visitor

how do i get a diners club card

Message 13 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@roncota wrote:

how do i get a diners club card

They are not being issued in the US as personal cards.

***************************Old thread alert*************

Message 14 of 21
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.dinersclubus.com/home/professional-cards/profcards-l2/diners-club-card

The Credit card version nas no annual fee. the Charge card has a lot of fee's...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 15 of 21
sjt
Senior Contributor

Diners Club History (FWIWSmiley Happy

Diners Club and Carte Blanche was owned by Citibank, which included the network and the US, Canada, and some other countries franchises. Franchises are licensed to issue the cards. In 2008 Citibank sold the network to Discover Card and the US and Canada Franchise to Bank of Montreal. Apparently there have been many transitional issues that delayed the acceptance of new applications. In the US Bank of Montreal owns Harris Bank which bought out a regional bank in Wisconsin that issues credit cards. They were trying to merge the Diners opertaions into that but I think they have changed that plan and are incorporating into their Canadian operations.

The last I heard, Diners is accepting new application for its personal cards in Q1 2014.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@sjt wrote:

Diners Club and Carte Blanche was owned by Citibank, which included the network and the US, Canada, and some other countries franchises. Franchises are licensed to issue the cards. In 2008 Citibank sold the network to Discover Card and the US and Canada Franchise to Bank of Montreal. Apparently there have been many transitional issues that delayed the acceptance of new applications. In the US Bank of Montreal owns Harris Bank which bought out a regional bank in Wisconsin that issues credit cards. They were trying to merge the Diners opertaions into that but I think they have changed that plan and are incorporating into their Canadian operations.

The last I heard, Diners is accepting new application for its personal cards in Q1 2014.

Good info.  I had a Diners Club in the 80's. Too bad they dont  backdate.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 17 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@sjt wrote:

Good info.  I had a Diners Club in the 80's. Too bad they dont  backdate.  Smiley Frustrated

Ah yes, the infamous Diners Club.  I remember seeing those here and there - that would have been a good one to have!  It's unfortunate they don't offer it any more in the original version.

Message 18 of 21
sjt
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@sjt wrote:

Good info.  I had a Diners Club in the 80's. Too bad they dont  backdate.  Smiley Frustrated

That would have been great!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 19 of 21
sjt
Senior Contributor

Ah yes, the infamous Diners Club.  I remember seeing those here and there - that would have been a good one to have!  It's unfortunate they don't offer it any more in the original version.

I got Diners in 1997. Back then they had a great rewards program which you can transfer points to many airlines, including UAL and AA. Now they just have an average program and the other benefits are just meh. I would like to see no FTF, which would make perfect sense.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.