Super Contributor
concorduser

How to get a Diners Club Card?

Can we still get a Diners Club Card here in US? I want to get a card so I can use it for the airport lounge access.

Valued Contributor
ptr2593

Re: How to get a Diners Club Card?

Apparently you can't app online anymore.  You have to call 800-2-DINERS

I also came across this while searching:  Diners AF is $300 though I think

http://milecards.com/1228/airport-club-access-via-credit-cards-compare-and-review-options/

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Super Contributor
concorduser

ptr2593 wrote:

http://milecards.com/1228/airport-club-access-via-credit-cards-compare-and-review-options/

Thanks. I was looking for airport lounge access. I guess Amex Plat members can get priority pass membership for free. It will work for me. I ordered online for my free priority pass card just now. Looks like Amex still holds the trump card in the travel card business.

Valued Contributor
scottwagnon

Nope. Canada for the diners club MasterCard; switzerland, France and most of Europe for diners club card and network.
EX BankCard 8 FICO 801 (250-900) 03/08/14
TU FICO 795 (350-850) 03/10/14
EX VT 3.0 802 (300-850) TU VT 2.0 891 (501-990)
Credit.com score 797 (C is 300 - 850)
transrisk 772 03/29/14

see my card line up here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-Many-Credit-Cards-Do-YOU-have/m-p/1034512#M290859
Valued Contributor
thom02099

Just got my new Discover More card, and was reading through everything that came with it. 

There's a statement in one of the brochures that, when travelling internationally, I can use my Discover Card where ever I see the Diners Club logo.  The same brochure says that, domestically, to continue to use my Discover Card.  Sounds like Diners Club (formerly available in the USA) is not available domestically. 

AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K / Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $7.5K / Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 765 EQ = 743 TU = 825 Mar/2014
Senior Contributor
Ron1

ptr2593 wrote:

Earlier this year, I paid $95.00 AF for my Diners Club. The billing is still handled by Citi. It  doesn't report to CRA. I don't think you can apply the card any more. I got my card in 2003.

Ron.

Regular Contributor
HoahCredit

I just called Diners Club. I was told that they are under new ownership and until things get settle they will not be accepting new applications. The CSR also told me that they have different Diners Club cards and based on the one you chose you may end up paying an AF.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Super Contributor
CS800

I thought Discover bought the US side of Diners Club?

My Discover More has a Diners Club logo on the back at the bottom. So I assume that anywhere I see a Diners Club logo, my Discover More would be accepted?

Regular Contributor
HoahCredit

You are correct. Discover bought the Diners network and it is accept it in all Diners Club location in the US as well as Europe.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

New Contributor
jonmyers

HoahCredit wrote:

You are correct. Discover bought the Diners network and it is accept it in all Diners Club location in the US as well as Europe.

I actually tried to use my Disc in Europe this past August (Spain, Andorra, France) to no avail.  I had contacted Disc before the trip to verify that I could use the card where I saw Diners Club advertized, but no one would actually take the card.  It's possible that they simply didn't recognized it, and it would have worked if they tried (I can't remember if anybody actually tried to run it or just asked for another).

jonmyers

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+