Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a PC or CLI from Capital One

tag
on_a_mission2
Established Member

Re: How to get a PC or CLI from Capital One

I have been visiting and learning from the Myfico forums for a while now and I am here to report that emailing the Capital One executive office worked for me!  My CLI was increased from $750 to $1,500!  My email was cordial and not demanding.  Someone from the office called me the following day and I saw the CLI on my account today!  Thank you so much for everyone's advice!

Message 21 of 121
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

How long have you had your account?

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 22 of 121
on_a_mission2
Established Member

Hi patsfan 1453,

I've had my account since December of 2011.

Message 23 of 121
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Thanks, my account is going to be a year old in Feb, so I'll try to persuade them then...

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 24 of 121
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i emailed the CEO. the letter was cordial, and respectful, but i have not heard anything back yet. maybe my letter didn't seem worthwhile? i had just attempted to apply for a ventureone card and was turned down. i also have cash rewards card that is just reached its 7th statment. i requested either a recon or changes to my cash rewards. but have not heard back as i did this on the 19th.
earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 25 of 121
timkrof
Contributor

I just tried emailing them for CLI on my Spark credit card.  I'll post back if/when I hear anything.

My current limit is $750.

Hopefully it will be a nice increase.  I've had the card since Sept. 2011, perfect payment history, 680-700 fico scores, and 100k+ income.

I've also tried with customer service rep initiated CLI's to no avail.

********Update************* Someone from the Cap1 Exec office called me today (same day I sent the email).  They took some of my financial information and said they will be doing a manual review of my account using a SP of my credit file.  They said they'll contact me in 3 days to let me know if and what my CLI will be.  

********Update*************Just got another call from the Cap1 Exec office.  They bumped me from $750 to $5,000.  Whoo hoooo!!!!!

Message 26 of 121
p-
Valued Contributor

@timkrof wrote:

...Just got another call from the Cap1 Exec office.  They bumped me from $750 to $5,000.  Whoo hoooo!!!!! 

Sweet - congrats!

Message 27 of 121
pt2005
Regular Contributor

@timkrof wrote:

I just tried emailing them for CLI on my Spark credit card.  I'll post back if/when I hear anything.

My current limit is $750.

Hopefully it will be a nice increase.  I've had the card since Sept. 2011, perfect payment history, 680-700 fico scores, and 100k+ income.

I've also tried with customer service rep initiated CLI's to no avail.

********Update************* Someone from the Cap1 Exec office called me today (same day I sent the email).  They took some of my financial information and said they will be doing a manual review of my account using a SP of my credit file.  They said they'll contact me in 3 days to let me know if and what my CLI will be.  

********Update*************Just got another call from the Cap1 Exec office.  They bumped me from $750 to $5,000.  Whoo hoooo!!!!!

Could you please PM me the email address(es) used? I also have a Spark with no CLI so far. The CL is $2K but I use it heavily for business so sometimes the Util on this card is high. Would be nice to get a bump.

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 28 of 121
p-
Valued Contributor

@pt2005 wrote:
Could you please PM me the email address(es) used? I also have a Spark with no CLI so far. The CL is $2K but I use it heavily for business so sometimes the Util on this card is high. Would be nice to get a bump.

Just click the link on Page 1 of this thread labled "Google Fu".  It's that easy.

Message 29 of 121
bobby_84

can the exec contact information please be PM'd to me. im looking to do some work with my 2 cap 1 cards

Message 30 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.