Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a PC or CLI from Capital One

tag
92SelfMade
Contributor

Re: How to get a PC or CLI from Capital One

I emailed the exec office about 3-4 days ago and still haven gotten a response is there something I have to put to have them respond or can someone pm me a copy of the message they sent them without personal information and include the executive email address so I can make sure it is correct and a phone number if you could

Message 31 of 121
kal9988
Regular Contributor

If I have good credit (over 750) and low util, do you think I should call the standard number to ask for a CLI, or should I email the CEO to be safe?

Message 32 of 121
Mama-j
Contributor

@kal9988 wrote:

If I have good credit (over 750) and low util, do you think I should call the standard number to ask for a CLI, or should I email the CEO to be safe?

Try it, it will be soft pulls either way.

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 33 of 121
kal9988
Regular Contributor

If I just call the 800 number on my card and ask for a CLI, it will only be a soft pull?

Message 34 of 121
Mama-j
Contributor

@kal9988 wrote:

If I just call the 800 number on my card and ask for a CLI, it will only be a soft pull?

Mine was, I called in for 2 of my cards and I don't see new inquiries. But if you emailed them it will def a SP. They'll get back to you right away too, same in my case.

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 35 of 121
p-
Valued Contributor

@kal9988 wrote:

It's a soft pull ether way.  I tried customer service first...  I figured if I hadn't at least tried that I had no business complaining to the CEO.  That way, if CS doesn't help you, you have something to put in your letter to the CEO.

Who knows, maybe you'll get taken care of at the lower level.  It seems like most of us that have had trouble with Cap 1 had subprime cards.  It takes a bit more juice to upgrade a customer classified as subprime, I guess.  It's not suprising they are conservative with that at the CS level.  At least they gave us all credit when nobody else would.

Message 36 of 121
p-
Valued Contributor

@bobby_84 wrote:

can the exec contact information please be PM'd to me. im looking to do some work with my 2 cap 1 cards

Read page 1 of this thread.

Message 37 of 121
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

I just got off the phone with a rep from the E.O. 

He said that he had to send the request to underwriting and they would get back to me in a few days. 

Wish me luck!

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 38 of 121
mojobones89
Contributor

ditto,emailed,called back,gave info and told me about 3 days for a response.how long does it normally take?

Message 39 of 121
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I'm going to email them and see what they can do with my bbrzmc since its cap1 now.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 40 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.