Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a PC or CLI from Capital One

tag
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to get a PC or CLI from Capital One

I just checked my account today and they increased it from $500 to $1,500. Thanks to everyone for their help.
Message 61 of 121
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that have taken the time to put forth this information as well as advice on the routes you have taken to achieve this goal. I have just finished writing an e-mail to Mr Fairbank and I can't say enough the thanks I have for you all in putting this out there for others to attempt to achieve.

Thanks, JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 62 of 121
ABuckNow
Contributor

Has anyone had success with this process on a PC from the cap1 secured card - the one that starts with CL of $200-300? The card says Platinum on it (lol), but I think it's different than one I hear others talking about (around a $750 starting CL).

I've tried and tried to get them to PC (ficos are now around 680-700, depending which CRA), but no dice.  Also asked them about backdating (like amex does): nope...didn't even know what I was talking about.

Message 63 of 121
p-
Valued Contributor

@ABuckNow wrote:

Has anyone had success with this process on a PC from the cap1 secured card - the one that starts with CL of $200-300? The card says Platinum on it (lol), but I think it's different than one I hear others talking about (around a $750 starting CL).

I've tried and tried to get them to PC (ficos are now around 680-700, depending which CRA), but no dice.  Also asked them about backdating (like amex does): nope...didn't even know what I was talking about.

To my knowledge nobody but Amex does "member since" dating.  Secured cards are a different animal; you need to get them to "graduate" the card to unsecured before you can do anything else.  I'm not sure if they will do that, but definitely ask once you have other unsecured cards reporting.  You can search these forums for terms like "cap1 secured graduation success", "Graduate Capital One", etc.

Message 64 of 121
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Just a quick update on the results I had, after e-mailing cap1 I received a phone call the next day from Bobby to go over precisely what I was looking to achieve. I asked for a modest CLI based upon my wages/employment history/etc and he told me that he would get an underwriter to look specifically at my case and contact me back within 24-48 hours at most he said the process could take up to three days. True to his word he contacted me back the next day to let me know they were able to increase my CLI by 1k not what I was looking to get but it's a step in the right direction. He stated that I should try again in 6 months for more, I asked at that time if I should call him directly or again try the process for a CLI he recommended to try the process but if I ran into the same issues to not hesitate to call him directly. All in all not bad for a few hours work, guess I'll try again in 6 months. Hopefully this helps to encourage people that like me thought our cap1 cards would grow with us as we grew our careers.

Again, I can't say thank you enough everyone! JP Smiley Happy

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 65 of 121
Amerabian
New Contributor

^^
Good to know it can be done.

I have the same secured card and I'm making payments twice a month if not more, MAX & PAY IN FULL and depositing small amounts to increase my CL..

I know I will be calling them in a few months and having such a record won't give them a choice but to give me a decent CLI Smiley Wink

FICO Score: 644
NPSL$500$300$500$528

Message 66 of 121
pt310
Frequent Contributor

I sent the email 5 days ago....not even a phone call yet. Of course 3 of those 5 days were a holiday weekend, but most people seem to be getting the call within a day.

Should I re-send, or wait? (how long?)

Thanks!

Message 67 of 121
justbeyou0724
Valued Member

@pt310 wrote:

I sent the email 5 days ago....not even a phone call yet. Of course 3 of those 5 days were a holiday weekend, but most people seem to be getting the call within a day.

Should I re-send, or wait? (how long?)

Thanks!

If you havent't received a response by now I would try it again. But first I would check my junk folder to make sure it didn't accidentally get placed in there. I sent the email on 5/24 and I received an email back from the EO on 5/28 advising me to call him about my CLI request. I requested that they double the CL on my platinum card which is 750.00 and my cash rewards card which is 1500.00. When I spoke to the gentleman he did go over my income information and my different investments. He said that I should receive a response in 7-10 days. He also said that if it is approved I will receive a call back with the terms. I just looked online this morning to notice that my request has been approved!!!! Capital One has doubled my credit limit on both cards. I guess next year I will see if they can get rid of the annual fees on both cards. If you want I can send you the email address that I used.

In my wallet

Capital One Platinum $1500.00 Capital One Cash Rewards $3000.00 NFCU Go Rewards $6000.00 NFCU Cash Rewards $2500.00 JC Penny $500.00

J Crew $700.00 HSN $1500.00

Message 68 of 121
pt310
Frequent Contributor

Thanks justbeyou0724. I've checked my junk mail. Nothing but actual junk. Smiley LOL

Congrats on your success! I figure if I don't here anything by lunch today, I'm going to resend. Maybe I should revise my request....hmmm.

I used the "fairbank" email. Is that the same one you used?

Message 69 of 121
justbeyou0724
Valued Member

That is the same one I used as well.

Message 70 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.