Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a Visa Sig?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: How to get a Visa Sig?

@Anonymous wrote:
No. You have to apply for a Visa to enter many countries and you will need a US Passport to apply for a Visa.

Too bad.  I only have a UK passport, so have to get a MC instead!

Message 11 of 17
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Is a Visa card like a visa in a passport, e.g. can I use my Cap One Visa to get into New Zealand without applying for a visa?

I don't think so. But I think you can use your Cap1 Visa to get into China. Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Ok, let's try to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Lexie, myFICO Moderator
Message 13 of 17
sjt
Senior Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@northface28 wrote:
I think so, sorry if I sound foolish.

There is no foolish questions. The only way you find out is asking that's what we are here for. I don't believe you can product change from Mastercard to Visa with Cap1. Don't ever be afraid to ask a question the answer helps others also.

+1

I dont think you can change from MC to Visa but I think you can upgrade it to a World MasterCard.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 17
northface28
Established Contributor

What luxury does the World Mastercard provide?
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 15 of 17
sjt
Senior Contributor

@northface28 wrote:
What luxury does the World Mastercard provide?

http://www.mastercard.us/credit-card-world.html

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 17
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

I was wondering this as well since I have the MC version of the venture one. they just PC me to it from the plat. MC.

I was thinking if say they gave me a CLI to reach over 5k can I get a siggy too. I will probably call in when/if I get a CLI and see if I can get a Visa sig version Smiley Happy

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.