Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a WM CLI?

tag
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

How to get a WM CLI?

Both my husband and I got WM CCs in May. We each got  $400 CL and have been using our cards heavily. We PIF within a few days of using the cards so they always report $0. We still haven't gotten a CLI, is it because we PIF?

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
1_2
Contributor

Re: How to get a WM CLI?

I got my card last March, heavy use, paid in full every month. I had original credit line of 750.00. In June it went to 1050.00. I am hoping it will automatically increase again this month but if it doesnt, I'm going to call and ask for an increase since Ive read its only a soft pull.

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 2 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JMMD wrote:

Both my husband and I got WM CCs in May. We each got  $400 CL and have been using our cards heavily. We PIF within a few days of using the cards so they always report $0. We still haven't gotten a CLI, is it because we PIF?

Have you let 4 statments cut?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 37
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@1_2 wrote:

I got my card last March, heavy use, paid in full every month. I had original credit line of 750.00. In June it went to 1050.00. I am hoping it will automatically increase again this month but if it doesnt, I'm going to call and ask for an increase since Ive read its only a soft pull.

Do you PIF after the statement or as you use it?? I am odnering if I should wait for the statement to cut then PIF? I am trying to keep my UTI low though so I dont know i I should do this?

Message 4 of 37
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

Have you let 4 statments cut?

Ok, I just checked. One card had statements for August and September. The other only has one for August. So, I thik it;s because we always have a $0 balance report.  I will start letting a small balance report, then PIF.

Message 5 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JMMD wrote:

@1_2 wrote:

Do you PIF after the state,et or as you use it?? I am odnering if I should wait for the statement to cut then PIF? I am trying to keep my UTI low though so I dont know i I should do this?

Here's the secret to GE/Walmart card 

Let 4 statements cut then PIF 

After the 4th ask for the stars and the moon

On 4th statement I ask to be bumped to 5k ............approved 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 37
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

@1_2 wrote:

Do you PIF after the state,et or as you use it?? I am odnering if I should wait for the statement to cut then PIF? I am trying to keep my UTI low though so I dont know i I should do this?

Thanks. I am going to do this and see what happens.

Message 7 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JMMD wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

@1_2 wrote:

Good luck

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 8 of 37
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

@1_2 wrote:

Good luck

Thanks!

Message 9 of 37
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Here is the real secret, call the UW in the Backdoor thread and ask for what you want. I was approved in July for $600, called up right away and got an increase to $1500, no statement in July, small statement in August, just called this past week. Asked for 10k, countered to 5k!
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.