Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a WM CLI?

tag
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to get a WM CLI?

Well I called UW and was denied a CLI. We have been using our cards heavily and PIF within a few days. I did start letting  a small balance report each month and then PIF, but so far we only have 3 statements on each card even though we had them for a while because of the PIF. I wonder if this is why the deline?  I am disapointed.

Message 31 of 37
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Will they send you an letter on why you are declined?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 32 of 37
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

Will they send you an letter on why you are declined?

Yes, within 7-10 days. My husband has a card too. Should I attempt an increase on his too or wait?

Message 33 of 37
1_2
Contributor

I'm really sorry you didn't get an increase. I do know how that feels. I have a Capital One card that I have had for 19 months. It has a 300.00 limit. I use it up to 30% and pay in full each month.  I've recently asked for an increase and they said no. The only reason given was my account wasn't eligible for an increase. I was so bummed I actually cried but that very same weekend I was approved for my first prime card, a Citi Thank You Preferred with a 6,500.00 limit. Sometimes this credit stuff just doesn't make sense to me. Just don't give up. You will achieve your dreams with enough hard work and determination. Best of luck to you. I would definitely try again after the 4th statement cut, call the backdoor at night or on a weekend is what I read and the advice I took. It worked for me. Its a soft pull so it cant hurt to ask again.

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 34 of 37
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@1_2 wrote:

I'm really sorry you didn't get an increase. I do know how that feels. I have a Capital One card that I have had for 19 months. It has a 300.00 limit. I use it up to 30% and pay in full each month.  I've recently asked for an increase and they said no. The only reason given was my account wasn't eligible for an increase. I was so bummed I actually cried but that very same weekend I was approved for my first prime card, a Citi Thank You Preferred with a 6,500.00 limit. Sometimes this credit stuff just doesn't make sense to me. Just don't give up. You will achieve your dreams with enough hard work and determination. Best of luck to you. I would definitely try again after the 4th statement cut, call the backdoor at night or on a weekend is what I read and the advice I took. It worked for me. Its a soft pull so it cant hurt to ask again.

Thanks. I will try again next month and see what happens.

Message 35 of 37
oscar_actuary
Frequent Contributor

fwiw, I called after 3 months for a cli (I dont' pay close attention to the proper methods) and was denied.  The eventual letter said "Not enough experience at the current level"  Really? the CSR says "you're only using it for gas".  Well, actually, I had not used it for gas.  I said with that limit, I'm not gonig to put much on it and create a high utilization.  I realize it's just pride because I only have the card for the TU FICO. 

I'll try that back door number in a few months.  You know, for pride.

FICO EX 827, 2015 Feb; FICO EQ 836/900 (Citi), 2014 Dec; FICO TU08 818, 2015 Feb.

BofA Cash Rwrds Sig V 2013 10k; Fidelity Rewards AmEx /BofA 2013 15.4k; Chase Freedom Sig V 2002 24.1k; Chase Amazon Rwrds Sig V 2011 8k; Sam's Club MC 2002 10k; Dscvr It 2012 10k; Citi Dvdnd Plat Sel V 2013 8.9k; PenFed Plat Rwrds V 2013 20k; AmEx Blue Sky 2013 11.3k; AmEx BCP 2014 24.1k; Priceline Rwrds Sig V 2013 8.7k; PayPal Xtras GE Cap Plat MC 2012 5k

Message 36 of 37
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@oscar_actuary wrote:

fwiw, I called after 3 months for a cli (I dont' pay close attention to the proper methods) and was denied.  The eventual letter said "Not enough experience at the current level"  Really? the CSR says "you're only using it for gas".  Well, actually, I had not used it for gas.  I said with that limit, I'm not gonig to put much on it and create a high utilization.  I realize it's just pride because I only have the card for the TU FICO. 

I'll try that back door number in a few months.  You know, for pride.

I undertand. My pride was stung too. Hang in there.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.