Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a limit above $500?

tag
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: How to get a limit above $500?

My Walmart Store Card went from $800 to $2000 in 4 months. My oldest account at the time was only 10 months with my highest CL at $1,500. Give Credit Solutions a call and try to ask for $2000 for your Amazon Store Card! 1-877-379-8173

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 21 of 30
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

GE cards meet that qualification but they do tend to start small but progress fast after a few CLI cycles. All my GE cards (Walmar, Amazon, Sam's Club store) all started at below a $1000 except for my PayPal Exras Mastercard (2k).

Amazon started at $600, then after 6 months it jumped to $900, then 1200, $2500, $3200 and to $3900 where it sits now the card is 26 months old.

Walmart card started at $900, is 19 months old and went through about the same progression and it currently sits at $3300

Sam's club card started at $800 and then just 6 months later it recieved a $4000 CLI to $4800. 

Note all these increases were done by the "request an increase" button on the web site, I have no intentions to charge $3300 at walmart ever, or $4800 at Sam's Club its nice to know that I can do my full month of shopping at these stores and no go over 20% UTL even at christmas.

Calling credit solutions is a way to increase your CLI even if the credit increase button says no. People have been known to go from a $600 CL to $5000
 in a single call.

The key to getting credit is having credit and using only a little of it. This is the reason people like having high limits on cards, High Limits begat High Limits.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 22 of 30
Kaitlyn

How do I email Capital One's executive office? I can't seem to find the email listed, I just find people asking for the email by private message?

Do they do a hard pull?

Thanks
Message 23 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Kaitlyn wrote:
How do I email Capital One's executive office? I can't seem to find the email listed, I just find people asking for the email by private message?

Do they do a hard pull?

Thanks

Easy check your PM lol

You can also call

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 24 of 30
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Google or bing capital one CEO email address and it would be on search page itself.
Don't even have to click the link.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 25 of 30
Kaitlyn

Thank you, I'm new to the forum and am using my iPad so I didn't notice the little message icon. Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Kaitlyn wrote:
Thank you, I'm new to the forum and am using my iPad so I didn't notice the little message icon. Smiley Happy

Your quite welcome now us it for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 27 of 30
Kaitlyn

Good news! I no longer am limited to $500! I talked with Capital One's executive office. They refused to do anything with my secured card, but they increased the limit on my cash rewards card, by $100. I'm kind of disappointed, but I guess that is a 20% increase. I hope that I still qualify for the credit steps program?

They also refunded $39 for my annual fee.

Message 28 of 30
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Credit steps program is a joke. It's really a step.

Do what others have done and request increases from your GE cards and honestly, I might chance a HP to get a CLI on that chase amazon because the analyst will manually review

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 30
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

The best way to get a CL about $500 is to stop applying for capital one cards.  If I were you I would either raise my limit in my secured  card by sending them a couple grand or I would join a credit union since credit unions typically give higher limits. I am pretty sure that if you are just patient, the next prime card you apply for will give you a higher limit. i would be willing to bet if you applied for a Discover it right now that they would give you at least 1000 CL. As time goes by your limits will rise. Just be patient. Capital one is notorious for low limits as are your run of the mill store cards. Most prime cards willl give higher limits but credit unions especially will. If you happen to be in any way associated with the military the navy credit union is the way to go. Good luck. You are right on the edge of higher limits. i know your next approved application will be for at least 1000 dollars. 

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.