Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get aCLI by Discover?

tag
jkfaria
Valued Member

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?

I apped for Discover in July hoping to get approved for the HSBC Discover on recon, but they SURPRISED me by approving me for the Open Road Card.

I was gain SHOCKED to receive an auto-cli in October, limit now $1350.   Very small but hey, it's Discover.

Those of us working hard to rebuild are very grateful to have a PRIME card from a PRIME lender. 

I use this card for all gas purchases and make several payments a month thru BOA's online bill pay, a feature of my checking/savings acount I'd be lost without.

EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Message 31 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
FWIW Discover softs me on TU.

Figures it'd be the only one where I can't see my softs.  Smiley Sad
Message 32 of 55
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

O6 wrote:

Is there a reason why you can't pull your full TU report? --you might well have already posted this; if so, sorry. I can't keep track, lol.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 33 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a reason why you can't pull your full TU report? --you might well have already posted this; if so, sorry. I can't keep track, lol.

I can pull it via my TU credit monitoring, but they don't show the softs unless to try to dispute something on your report.  So, I used to go through the motions (like I do with EX) and they take you to a fresh dispute copy of your credit report which shows your softs, but then never actually dispute anything.  However, now TU will not let me do that.

With EQ, their reports that you pull through EQ credit monitoring automatically show softs.

Why does TU have to be the problem child?

Message 34 of 55
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

TU will allow you to do this once every 30 days. If you abuse it you get locked out.
Message 35 of 55
DI
Super Contributor

You can pull the report 3 times without submitting a dispute before being locked out. 

Message 36 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU will allow you to do this once every 30 days. If you abuse it you get locked out.

Good thing EX doesn't do that.

Again, TU has to be the problem child that makes it inconvenient to see your softs.  I wish they were all like EQ which automatically gives you the softs.

Message 37 of 55
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good thing EX doesn't do that.

Again, TU has to be the problem child that makes it inconvenient to see your softs.  I wish they were all like EQ which automatically gives you the softs.

If all the other CRA's were like EQ we'd all be in a heap o' trouble. You have to take the good with the bad and generally speaking EQ is a mess.
Message 38 of 55
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

So I opened the account in May and I got an automatic increase to my credit limit on 8/27, 3 months after I opened the account.  Today, I logged into my account saw another automatic limit increase effective 11/27, exactly three months later.  My line of credit with Discover started at $1,000 and was increased to $1,350 in August and $1,700 now.  Not huge but, I'll take it considering two years ago the only card I could get was a $300.00 Direct Merchants Bank DiscoverSmiley Happy.
Message 39 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats Kay_cee.

just curious ! do u know if the " request a cli " phone option is availible to you now ?

Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.