Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,744
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?


Kay_Cee wrote:
So I opened the account in May and I got an automatic increase to my credit limit on 8/27, 3 months after I opened the account.  Today, I logged into my account saw another automatic limit increase effective 11/27, exactly three months later.  My line of credit with Discover started at $1,000 and was increased to $1,350 in August and $1,700 now.  Not huge but, I'll take it considering two years ago the only card I could get was a $300.00 Direct Merchants Bank Discover:smileyhappy:.

Congrats!  As I was telling others, Discover gives CLI's every three months during the 1st year of opening the account.  The seasoned cardholders who received an initial higher CL are stuck with their CL.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 201
Registered: ‎01-16-2008
0

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?

Thanks!  I just checked the phone menu and the option to request a CLI is still there but, I won't exercise the option.  I'm happy with the $45,000 + I have in available credit.  Again, three years ago all I could get was that $300 limit from HSBC.  It is from all the help I got here combined with some self-discipline that I am where I am.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,413
Registered: ‎04-18-2008
0

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?

[ Edited ]

DI wrote:

 The seasoned cardholders who received an initial higher CL are stuck with their CL.


That seems to be true for me: approved 12/08 for $5490 (what's with the odd numbers?!) and I noticed the phone CLI option about 8 or 9 months in and that was good for another $2000 increase. No auto CLI for me, though I do hope with all the money I've put through them these past couple of months and my anniversary approaching, they remember me.

 

Oops...it was supposed to read 12/08

Message Edited by MrShush on 11-28-2009 10:15 AM
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?


DI wrote:

Kay_Cee wrote:
So I opened the account in May and I got an automatic increase to my credit limit on 8/27, 3 months after I opened the account.  Today, I logged into my account saw another automatic limit increase effective 11/27, exactly three months later.  My line of credit with Discover started at $1,000 and was increased to $1,350 in August and $1,700 now.  Not huge but, I'll take it considering two years ago the only card I could get was a $300.00 Direct Merchants Bank Discover:smileyhappy:.

Congrats!  As I was telling others, Discover gives CLI's every three months during the 1st year of opening the account.  The seasoned cardholders who received an initial higher CL are stuck with their CL.


They do on certain accounts - just not all. If you have this in effect it was expressed in your approval letter. This is not generally true for all accounts.

 

As for being "stuck" I suppose I was. Stuck that is with a $8.1K initial CL and a $2K CLI at one year. There are other mechanisms available to the "seasoned" account holders for getting their CLI's beyond the auto-CLI.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?


MrShush wrote:

DI wrote:

 The seasoned cardholders who received an initial higher CL are stuck with their CL.


That seems to be true for me: approved 12/09 for $5490 (what's with the odd numbers?!) and I noticed the phone CLI option about 8 or 9 months in and that was good for another $2000 increase. No auto CLI for me, though I do hope with all the money I've put through them these past couple of months and my anniversary approaching, they remember me.


If you want a CLI most likely you are going to have to ask for it using the telephone option method. Don't expect an auto-CLI.

Established Contributor
Posts: 564
Registered: ‎02-21-2008
0

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?

if you call having 16K stuck then so be it? I started at 7500 in April 06
New Contributor
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎11-08-2009
0

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?

I was approved for 9540 CL about 3 months ago, so does that mean it will take atleast a year to get CLI? yikes.

Starting Score: (1/22/2010) TU 759, Eq 742
Current Score: (6/22/2010) TU 724, Eq 735
Goal Score: (1/01/2011) TU 800, Eq 783


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?


plasticguy wrote:
if you call having 16K stuck then so be it? I started at 7500 in April 06

 

Well you truly are "stuck" now. According to what we know of Discover's current guidelines $16K is the maximum CL they are giving out.

 

:smileywink:

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?


IIIII wrote:
I was approved for 9540 CL about 3 months ago, so does that mean it will take atleast a year to get CLI? yikes.

 

You do understand that by Discover's standards a $9,540 opening CL is world class, right?
New Contributor
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎11-08-2009
0

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?

i doubt it is considered world class, when i apped i was around 750 FICO for EQ and TU. 1 30 day late from 6 yrs, 9 months ago, no baddies, no collections and no bk's.

Starting Score: (1/22/2010) TU 759, Eq 742
Current Score: (6/22/2010) TU 724, Eq 735
Goal Score: (1/01/2011) TU 800, Eq 783


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.