Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get aCLI by Discover?

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?

Discover is not noted for issuing large credit lines. By policy the current maximum CL for a new account is $12K.

Message 51 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

i must have gotten lucky with Discover.
Message 52 of 55
plasticguy
Established Contributor

I thought at one time the max was 50K, I believe one day they will wake up and move the max back up to at least 25K. Agree?
Message 53 of 55
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Discover is not noted for issuing large credit lines. By policy the current maximum CL for a new account is $12K.

Hi...just a few weeks ago (haven't even gotten 1st statement yet) I was approved for $13,140. They didn't even ask me what I was looking for...that number came from them.

Maybe things are getting a bit more flexible with them.

Message 54 of 55
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

LynetteM wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Hi...just a few weeks ago (haven't even gotten 1st statement yet) I was approved for $13,140. They didn't even ask me what I was looking for...that number came from them.

Maybe things are getting a bit more flexible with them.

The only time Discover will ask what you are looking for is when you request a CLI. Other than that they make the decision on their own. Could they have loosened some? Sure, but $12K/$16K was a relatively recent policy enunciated directly by Discover. $13,140 is the largest initial CL I have heard of from Discover in a long time and they are not know for large initial CL'sYou should feel very good about that. Let us know when you get the telephone option for a CLI and if/when your CL goes over $16K.

Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.