Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?

Discover is not noted for issuing large credit lines. By policy the current maximum CL for a new account is $12K.

New Contributor
IIIII

i must have gotten lucky with Discover.

Starting Score: (1/22/2010) TU 759, Eq 742
Current Score: (6/22/2010) TU 724, Eq 735
Goal Score: (1/01/2011) TU 800, Eq 783

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
plasticguy

I thought at one time the max was 50K, I believe one day they will wake up and move the max back up to at least 25K. Agree?
Valued Contributor
Jazzzy

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Discover is not noted for issuing large credit lines. By policy the current maximum CL for a new account is $12K.

Hi...just a few weeks ago (haven't even gotten 1st statement yet) I was approved for $13,140. They didn't even ask me what I was looking for...that number came from them.

Maybe things are getting a bit more flexible with them.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

LynetteM wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Hi...just a few weeks ago (haven't even gotten 1st statement yet) I was approved for $13,140. They didn't even ask me what I was looking for...that number came from them.

Maybe things are getting a bit more flexible with them.

The only time Discover will ask what you are looking for is when you request a CLI. Other than that they make the decision on their own. Could they have loosened some? Sure, but $12K/$16K was a relatively recent policy enunciated directly by Discover. $13,140 is the largest initial CL I have heard of from Discover in a long time and they are not know for large initial CL'sYou should feel very good about that. Let us know when you get the telephone option for a CLI and if/when your CL goes over $16K.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+