Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get in with CitiBank

tag
Josh2942
Established Contributor

How to get in with CitiBank

I have a bestbuy card with 3k limit with a financing offer. I could pay it on full now but I rather build some payment history if it will get citibank to open their arms to me. If there isn't a benefit I'll just pay it in full. But if I do it will be sock drawed because I don't need anything else from best buy lol. I really want the thank you card so.
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: How to get in with CitiBank

Have you tried Citi's pre approval link on their website?

Message 2 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Josh2942 wrote:
I have a bestbuy card with 3k limit with a financing offer. I could pay it on full now but I rather build some payment history if it will get citibank to open their arms to me. If there isn't a benefit I'll just pay it in full. But if I do it will be sock drawed because I don't need anything else from best buy lol. I really want the thank you card so.

If there is interest involved pay it off. This card is probably not going to help you with mainline Citibank as (CitiCorp) financing arm issues their co branded cards and its separate from Citibank proper. A good payment history on all your cards will get you in the door with them as long as there are no previous issues with them..

Message 3 of 26
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Josh2942 wrote:

If there is interest involved pay it off. This card is probably not going to help you with mainline Citibank as (CitiCorp) financing arm issues their co branded cards and its separate from Citibank proper. A good payment history on all your cards will get you in the door with them as long as there are no previous issues with them..

What happens when you burn Citi Shell gas card for 7.5k  8 yrs ago Like I did......is Citi Shell just an arm of CitI Bank (CitiCorp).......and I could still get a Citi Bank credit card?

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 4 of 26
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

citi has been tough for me........they will simply not tolerate inquiries and new credit.  I have an Exxon card which was one of the first in my rebuilding effort.  Can't even get a cli because of inquiries.  I would love to have the BestBuy card myself; citi declined once earlier this year.  I have been able to get new Chase TL, Discover, and even Amex but no citi cards.  Good luck with your goals; keep us posted.

Message 5 of 26
Josh2942
Established Contributor

No its zero percent for 24 months there is no rush. I have only had it for a month so if i just pay it off after two months i wont have a large payment history

Student Loan Debt $1,500
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 6 of 26
Josh2942
Established Contributor

plus im only using less than 17% of that credit line and 11% of my total credit line

Student Loan Debt $1,500
Message 7 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Vegas247 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Josh2942 wrote:

What happens when you burn Citi Shell gas card for 7.5k  8 yrs ago Like I did......is Citi Shell just an arm of CitI Bank (CitiCorp).......and I could still get a Citi Bank credit card?

You may be able to get another account. I had 4 citi gas cards go CO 10+ yrs ago and apped for one in 2011 only reason denied was BK-7 dismissed on report from 2005. I cannot get a main Citi card to this day as I IIB them for 18K in 1996.

Message 8 of 26
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/preQualUserInfo.do?screenID=3204

try this link to see if you may qualify for a Citi card

Message 9 of 26
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/preQualUserInfo.do?screenID=3204

try this link to see if you may qualify for a Citi card

Is that a hard pull Ihcole....

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.