Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get on Discover's radar?

tag
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

Re: How to get on Discover's radar?

The pre approval page recommended me the Discover More card. I went for it, applied and got the "further review needed" message....got a letter from Discover in the mail saying I was denied due to "length of credit history" "excessive inquires" and "debt to income ratio being too high" thats due to my deferred student loan. But my credit history is well over a year having opened my first card in 2010. Anyways....I think im done trying with discover. After reconing the rep suggested to wait another year to app again and gain more history but this is like the 4 th time I had app with discover over a 2 years span and i'm getting tired of it. Lol :/
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 21 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Discover is getting hard to be approved for these days but they are well worth it. Keep gardening for 6 months then apply!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 22 of 23
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@itchy how long ago did you app for the card and recon?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.