cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the best credit card balance transfer

tag
JPNYC

How to get the best credit card balance transfer

I would like to transfer all of my credit card balances to a new card with a low APR.  I have about 6 open cards that total 45K and I'm getting killed with high interest rates each month. I have a good Fico Score (735) and I would like to cut the fat but not sure how to do it.

How do I know that I'll get approved for a low apr with a hight limit of 45K?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get the best credit card balance transfer

@JPNYC wrote:

I would like to transfer all of my credit card balances to a new card with a low APR.  I have about 6 open cards that total 45K and I'm getting killed with high interest rates each month. I have a good Fico Score (735) and I would like to cut the fat but not sure how to do it.

How do I know that I'll get approved for a low apr with a hight limit of 45K?

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry but the chances of you or anyone being approved for a balance transfer card with a limit of 45K is just about zero.  For that amount, you'd be far better to look into a personal loan to pay off the cards.  Even then,  getting that amount is very difficult

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

you may not be able to do it immediately but get one card and xfer lets say $5k (or whatever the card limit is. that was an example number) and go from there. it's not immediate but it helps some
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with both of the above. Get a loan with a not-horrible interest rate. Then when your revolving util is in good shape then see about BT card(s).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.