Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get to that elusive 5000$ card!!!! Can anyone help

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: How to get to that elusive 5000$ card!!!! Can anyone help

@Anonymous wrote:
Well peeps I took the plunge for the amex as suggested and low and behold 2000sl. Cant even get amex to give me a decent sl. Oh well I'll try 61 day increase after I get it to see if that works.

This is a good path for you IMO.  I ttok the same route and it did pay off.  Wait the 61 days and this card will most likely yield the limit you're after.

Message 51 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy crap man you your just a bundle of information.
You give me a lot to think about. But I know what is going to happen, I've thought this thru a little bit. I'll probably settle for a less expensive tv and let my credit and cards simmer a little while.
Theres a lot of nice sets out right now that are in the 1500 dollar range and I can put that on the 3900 Simplicity card I have coming and it has 21 month o%
I can pay that off in a shorter time and then I can wait another year and the set I really want will probably come down in price.
As much as I want the other set I just think the timing is off. I'll just put the 1 I get now in the bedroom later on.
Message 52 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks wacdenny... I'll keep working on it. Trying to be cautious also,worked hard recently to get my credit were it is and I'm not going to do anything to screw it up again. If I ever get back in the low 600s again Id really be upset
Message 53 of 55
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
I understand the cautiousness, but I believe you're over thinking this a bit. Lol
I didn't have any prequals at Chase and have a 7 year old card, recently purchased house and former car note thru them. Lol
Citi gave me 3k and I burned them 7 years ago. PenFed is a shoe in for you. Pay the $15 to join if not a veteran. And apply at will. They'll approved you. Just as Amex will and Capital One. Your scores are much better than mine! Discover is another that is fairly easy to get with a 5k limit.

I went Chp 13 ON CITI about 23 years ago,  and I'm still black listed with them.  You burning them 7 years ago and getting a card is good.

Message 54 of 55
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

I think it is a good move to wait for the 4k prices to fall.  Black Friday isn't that far off.   It would also give you time to save up before making the purchase. 

Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.