Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to grow Chase?

tag
jlitnns
Established Contributor

How to grow Chase?

I just got my 3x on my AMEX and wondering how I can grow chase. Have CFU and Amazon but sitting in the 5/24 doghouse for now since those accounts are less than a year old.

I did read that Disney and Chase Amazon do not follow the 5/24 rule, anybody else heard that? I'm in the garden for at least 6 months though.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to grow Chase?

As far as I've heard, AARP & Disney still aren't 5/24 worries, but they do count towards 5/24 for other Chase cards.

The best way to grow Chase limits is to snag useless Chase cards and then combine the limits later when you're allowed to.  This is the fastest way to grow with Chase versus waiting for auto CLIs or wasting an HP on a CLI denial (which is common).

Lots of folks wasted an HP on a CLI denial and then apped for a Chase card and got $5000 or $12,000 right after the CLI denial.

Message 2 of 40
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hi @jlitnns, I moved your post to a new thread to get your question more exposure. 

I also updated your title; feel free to edit/change it if you would like.  Smiley Happy

--UB

Message 3 of 40
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Thanks.

Message 4 of 40
iced
Valued Contributor

@jlitnns wrote:

I just got my 3x on my AMEX and wondering how I can grow chase. Have CFU and Amazon but sitting in the 5/24 doghouse for now since those accounts are less than a year old.

I did read that Disney and Chase Amazon do not follow the 5/24 rule, anybody else heard that? I'm in the garden for at least 6 months though.

The easiest way to grow your limits is to call them and ask for a CLI. CLIs aren't affected by 5/24 and you don't have to take the ding of a new account. The other way is use the cards to try to trigger an auto-CLI, but they're not consistent.

Message 5 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best ways have all been listed above (1) open additional Chase cards that you aren't interested in so you can combine those limits into the Chase cards you want to keep-caveat: additional new accounts counting towards 5/24 (2) call and ask for a CLI-caveat: HP each time and they aren't overly generous. 

I will point out (which I always do in the Approvals section) that Chase is known to do one auto CLI within the first year of cardmembership. So, use your new card a lot for a better chance at a better auto CLI. After the first year, auto CLIs from Chase are rare. 

Message 6 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for pointing out the annual auto CLI -- I'm on statement 7 (December 16) so I'll definitely watch for one after statement 12 comes around in May and see.  

If I do get an auto CLI, I'll move some hefty spend to the card in hopes of trying to snag that other data point that high usage but big payments can help get another one.

Message 7 of 40
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

I think I'm more of a rare DP but my second card ever was the Freedom Unlimited, and about 2 months after that (and some other cards in between, including the Sapphire Reserve; see signature) I got the Freedom as well. Both of them started off at $2k and then without an exorbitant amount of spend, each was bumped up to $3k after 3 of their respective months. I've been running my FU up to near max and PIF for the past few months, and I was given an auto-CLI to $6k on that one. So heavy usage I feel is the best way to go about things, especially in the first year.

Message 8 of 40
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Chase likes to be lots of GREENSmiley Wink......Just dont feed after midnightSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 40
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Thanks for the advice. My first Chase was the Freedom with a limit of $500, now I have Amazon and FU at $3k each but I was unable to move my $500 over so I closed Freedom. Sitting in 5/24 doghouse for a while but will probably go for Disney card this summer to try and grow limit on FU. I have ran a ton of cash through these two cards since opening. I frequent Amazon for a lot of purchases and use FU for most other purchases that I would use Debit for and PIF each month. Currently in 7th month with FU and should be coming up on a year with Amazon so maybe I'll see the auto CLI, if not, oh well.

Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.