cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase my Credit Line (CL)??

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to increase my Credit Line (CL)??

Update us on your decision and your results Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called AMEX and they increased my CL from 800 to 2000 instantly. I don't wanna ask 3000 because i'm afraid i'd get rejected. So my total CL has increased 1200 haha .. Thanks to Creditaddict.

Also i asked them if i add a new card, would it be affecting my credit score? They said they would open my new card with current time but it'll show that i was being a customer since 2008 and it would affect my credit score a little bit.

Message 12 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called AMEX and they increased my CL from 800 to 2000 instantly. I don't wanna ask 3000 because i'm afraid i'd get rejected. So my total CL has increased 1200 haha .. Thanks to Creditaddict.

Also i asked them if i add a new card, would it be affecting my credit score? They said they would open my new card with current time but it'll show that i was being a customer since 2008 and it would affect my credit score a little bit.

That's the perfect CLI with Amex. wait 6 months and ask to go to 5k!

The only thing that could hurt you about opening a new account with Amex is the inq, but because your account is going to show open 9-08 you will actually be gaining average age of accounts in your credit profile so your score would go up, not down.  It does not sound like the rep you spoke to understood how amex backdates new accounts with current customers.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea he told me that my new account open will show 09/2010, so it'll definitely hurt me. If they told me what you said, i'd certainly open a new card.

Message 14 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea he told me that my new account open will show 09/2010, so it'll definitely hurt me. If they told me what you said, i'd certainly open a new card.

Do a search for Amex backdating, you will see tons of posts regarding exactly how I say it will show.

Also now that you got the approval for CLI on amex, it might be worth calling the backdoor number for Bank of America and telling them what amex just took you to and if they could match it or beat it so you can make them your priority card you use (doesn't have to be true, rather you end up using them or not) It should also be a soft pull

Message 15 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

look up this post "Amex Backdating Benefit?"

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just requested CL increase from BOA a few days ago through website. I should have called Smiley Sad(. I tried that on Chase cards, and asked to increase a few hundred, but i got denied by rep from india.

So only AMEX do backdating on their accounts?

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea i checked the post. I'll call them again and ask the same question that if they would backdate my new card.

Message 18 of 21
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just requested CL increase from BOA a few days ago through website. I should have called Smiley Sad(. I tried that on Chase cards, and asked to increase a few hundred, but i got denied by rep from india.

So only AMEX do backdating on their accounts?

If you have not heard from BofA yet, call them now!

I wouldn't even bother asking from Chase because they Hard you everytime, but if you already did it recently, call the backdoor number and ask it to be recon.

I believe in talking to people with the power to increase your credit when looking for CLI whenever possible.

and yes I believe Amex is the only one that backdates

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called BOA and made me to wait 30 mins on phone, and ended up with no increased CL. Even with 2 years of being customer, they wouldn't increase my line of credit. I'm not gonna use it for awhile then.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.