Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to induce a SP?

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

How to induce a SP?

I know I asked this question in another thread, but for the life of me, I can't remember which.

Is it possible to get Amex to SP me again, before I request my CLI at 61+?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: How to induce a SP?

Ask Duncan about this topic Smiley Tongue

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

I know I asked this question in another thread, but for the life of me, I can't remember which.

I think this is the same problem that Duncanrr has.

Maybe if you go drapping, you might get sp, j/k.

I think Amex SP you about once a month. It will come.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 3 of 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

What is this "drapping" I have been seeing lately?

Dual-apping?

Message 4 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

Dual-apping?

drunk apping Smiley Surprised

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Message 5 of 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

Dual-apping?

drunk apping Smiley Surprised

haha, nah...those days are behind me - The drinking that is.

The guilt of apping would put me into immediate buyers remorse, which is a worse feeling than being hungover.

Message 6 of 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

A little drapping every now and again isn't a bad thing (Got my Freedom card that way Smiley Happy )

Ive been dealing with the SP issue with AMEX for almost 3 weeks now.  My last SP was 10/18 and the account review associated with that SP was conducted on 10/27 (as per CSR).  According to CSR they are supposed to SP new accounts once a month.  My account is about 7 weeks past my last SP.  Its kind of a good news bad news thing.  Good news, my SP was stable enough that AMEX hasn't felt the need to SP my CR in almost 2 months.  Bad news, my last SP is about 20 points lower that it should be due to blip in UTIL.

I have my Walmart CLI reporting in 3 days and I have my NFCU new account to start reporting around 12/9 (statement cut date is 12/6).  From my research there really isn't much we can do that doesn't shot yourself in the foot.  If you app for new card they will use old SP.  If denied, you can request Recon and they will HP you to update their file.  Alternatively, you can apply for a bunch of new credit to kick start their review system and have them SP you but then you have some unnecessary HP and/or new accounts to deal with.

I don't want to app for another card as I don't think my initial CL will be where I want it to be if approved and I don't want another possible triple pull.  I'm contemplating just going for the CLI request with the lower score (its probably around 700 when it should be about 720) and hoping that my internal AMEX score will make up the 20 points I've lost.  I'll probably give it until the end of the week and then request the 3xCLI even if they haven't updated the SP at that point.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

A little drapping every now and again isn't a bad thing (Got my Freedom card that way Smiley Happy )

Ive been dealing with the SP issue with AMEX for almost 3 weeks now.  My last SP was 10/18 and the account review associated with that SP was conducted on 10/27 (as per CSR).  According to CSR they are supposed to SP new accounts once a month.  My account is about 7 weeks past my last SP.  Its kind of a good news bad news thing.  Good news, my SP was stable enough that AMEX hasn't felt the need to SP my CR in almost 2 months.  Bad news, my last SP is about 20 points lower that it should be due to blip in UTIL.

I have my Walmart CLI reporting in 3 days and I have my NFCU new account to start reporting around 12/9 (statement cut date is 12/6).  From my research there really isn't much we can do that doesn't shot yourself in the foot.  If you app for new card they will use old SP.  If denied, you can request Recon and they will HP you to update their file.  Alternatively, you can apply for a bunch of new credit to kick start their review system and have them SP you but then you have some unnecessary HP and/or new accounts to deal with.

I don't want to app for another card as I don't think my initial CL will be where I want it to be if approved and I don't want another possible triple pull.  I'm contemplating just going for the CLI request with the lower score (its probably around 700 when it should be about 720) and hoping that my internal AMEX score will make up the 20 points I've lost.  I'll probably give it until the end of the week and then request the 3xCLI even if they haven't updated the SP at that point.

Awesome, I want to know the result. I'm planning for BCE. Maybe drapping this coming Jan for it.

Message 8 of 12
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

i think i may know (not sure how smart) how to induce this SP.

I will app for an amex product ( like the plat), that i know i will not get - which will result in an SP, then request 3x cli on delta gold.
Message 9 of 12
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:
i think i may know (not sure how smart) how to induce this SP.

I will app for an amex product ( like the plat), that i know i will not get - which will result in an SP, then request 3x cli on delta gold.

What if you get approved? I would just wait, they will SP you. I know I will be doing the same thing, once I get the BCE in January.

Smiley Surprised Go for it, if you need the Plat.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.