Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lower Citi Dividend Card's APR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to lower Citi Dividend Card's APR?

I have about 750 credit score. The current standard purchases APR is 11.24% and Standard Advances is 21.99%. They are extremely high rate in my opinion. Acoording to my credit score, how low APRs Can I get and what do I need to provid the customer severice for getting it?

Is there any better credit card that best fits for me?

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

Re: How to lower Citi Dividend Card's APR?

11.24% is pretty good for anything outside of Barclay Ring or a credit union card.

Credit score is only one piece of the puzzle when figuring what APR you can get. Some cards have only certain ranges of APRs, or single APRs, available, regardless of your score. 

Have you seen anything that suggests the Dividend Card offers lower APRs? Or that any Citi cards do? 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 2 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Welcome to MyFico forum

You can contact Citi via chat and ask... but no idea if it can get any lower than that. No harm to ask if you can accept a NO Smiley Happy

PS: If it makes you feel better... my Fico is 788 and I have 22,99% APR from Chase ..lol

Message 3 of 7
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Welcome to MyFico forum

You can contact Citi via chat and ask... but no idea if it can get any lower than that. No harm to ask if you can accept a NO Smiley Happy

PS: If it makes you feel better... my Fico is 788 and I have 22,99% APR from Chase ..lol

+1  

Glad to see I'm not the only one on the 22.99% Chase band-wagon with a 800 Fico...

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 4 of 7
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

11.24 isn't bad at all, and actually much better than manyrewards cards.

You could always call and ask if you wanted to. I've lowered a few rates by asking. 

A tactic I've used with one issuer was to get a new card and when the new card had a lower rate, I called and requested the lower rate.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call and ask them to lower your APR. Good luck!
Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

+1

11.24 isn't that high.  All you have to do is request the decrease.  If they offer the option and you qualify you'll get it.

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any better credit card that best fits for me?

With no info it's impossible to make a meaningful recommendation.  You have to provide us your specific needs/wants in order for use to use it as criteria to narrow down the options.

If APR is all that matters there are plenty of cards that offer lower APR's but they will geneally not rewards cards and will tend to be no frills cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have about 750 credit score.

You don't have just one credit score.  There are many scoring models used by creditors.  Typically for a given scoring model you have a score with each of the 3 major CRA's.  Where is that score from?  What CRA is it based on?  What is the scoring model?

@Anonymous wrote:

Acoording to my credit score, how low APRs Can I get

It's never just about score.  Creditors vary so it all depends on the specific creditor and even so we don't have that information.  The only way to find out is for you to call Citi and request the APR reduction.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.