cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make my Cap1 QS to World MasterCard?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to make my Cap1 QS to World MasterCard?

I just had credit limit increase of $2000 so my limit now is $6500. I talked to agent but he doesn't know. Do you think it is possible?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to make my Cap1 QS to World MasterCard?

Moved to CC
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit limit doesn't matter anymore for most lenders when it comes to upgrading to World or World Elite MasterCard.

You could've asked for the change a while ago.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my Citi Double Cash upgraded from a World to a World Elite MasterCard. I think Citi told me it was up to MasterCard, but I think that was total crap.

I would try calling and speaking to a manager instead of a front-line customer service rep.

Message 3 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just had credit limit increase of $2000 so my limit now is $6500. I talked to agent but he doesn't know. Do you think it is possible?

There have been a few threads on this (specific to Capital One) over the last few months; the one thing they have in common is that the easiest way to get an upgrade to 'World' MasterCard is to do a product change... it's one of the few times it can actually make sense to do a PC to a Venture One from a QS. 

Doing the PC to Venture One with a credit line over $5k usually (YMMV) gets you upgraded to WMC, then in six months you can PC back to QS (and keep the WMC).  In one thread someone was able to get through to the right people/dept. within the EO, but they explained that the flag for WMC is "deep" in the system and not easily changed manually (they also suggested the person simply do a PC).

If you're able to get upgraded to WMC via another method please let us know... I'm sure many folks would like to hear!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I have a QS MC (which was PCd from CO Platinum MC) and wondered the same thing, so I decided to ask via chat.  The agent said not possible to change to WEMC (I didn't bother asking about WMC).  I think it is case-by-case basis and I encourage you to call and ask.  Let us know how it goes.

Continuing my experience, he then told me I can visit the pre-q checker (even sent me the link) and see if it is avail.  They had the QS Visa Signature as a pre-q, so jumped on it.  Yes, I got overly-excited and left my garden just one week in.  I was approved, but for only $3k.  I then went back to the chat and the new agent would only tell me "it is Visa Platinum."  I asked if she can make it VS and got a flat "not possible."  I told her "but I applied for VS" and she retorted "congrats on your new Visa Platinum."

I plan to call shortly and talk to the human instead of typing with them, and then get a better lock on my gate so I don't leave my garden for a year Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I can say is good luck Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, so I did more digging and found a very thorough post here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-Quicksilver-VISA-Platinum-to-Signature/m-p/...

TL;DR : Capital One is a Creditor offering a Product such as QucikSilver, which is attached to the Network Segment, such as Visa Platinum or Signature, or in MC the WMC or WEMC.  The segment is only assigned during an initial app or PC, so the posting member is saying you can only have your segment changed by applying for a new card, or PCing to something else.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit limit doesn't matter anymore for most lenders when it comes to upgrading to World or World Elite MasterCard.

You could've asked for the change a while ago.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my Citi Double Cash upgraded from a World to a World Elite MasterCard. I think Citi told me it was up to MasterCard, but I think that was total crap.

I would try calling and speaking to a manager instead of a front-line customer service rep.

Got the same bs too.  I think the CSR doesn't know how.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 19
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I have a QS WMC. It started off as a QS1, got it PC to a QS MC. Then once my limit hit $5k 

EO changed it to WMC for me with no issue.....

please note : WEMC is no longer available for any of their products as it was just a test run type thing 

and they have decided not to carry it. But a WMC is do able thru EO 

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

I have a QS WMC. It started off as a QS1, got it PC to a QS MC. Then once my limit hit $5k 

EO changed it to WMC for me with no issue.....

please note : WEMC is no longer available for any of their products as it was just a test run type thing 

and they have decided not to carry it. But a WMC is do able thru EO 

That's what I want to do, I just hit $6.5k limit.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.