tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: How to make spend for Citi Premier? $3,000

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Involver wrote:
Buy a $3000 Amex gift card. They are 2.2% off today at BeFrugal

Well, don't buy a $3K one if you are going that route! 

Why not?

Also, we don't really have alot of bills. No rent.

The thing about buying $3,000 worth of visa/mc/amex gift cards is that i cant pay the balance off fast, and I really need to because the card has a %22.99 APR and no promotional period. Any thoughts on how to best handle this?

Because cards above $2K don't get cashback from the portals like BrFrugal.  Better to buy a $2k and a $1K one.

As for liquidation of gift cards, this whole thing is not allowed to be discussed on this forum

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see this question far too often... The real answer is don't sign up for a card if you can't meet the bonus. If you overexertion yourself on things you normally wouldn't buy, it defeats the purpose of the sign up bonus.

Message 12 of 22
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I see this question far too often... The real answer is don't sign up for a card if you can't meet the bonus. If you overexertion yourself on things you normally wouldn't buy, it defeats the purpose of the sign up bonus.

I mean the signup bonus is over $600 in flights, so it's pretty hard for it to not be worth it even if I take the plunge and eat a few months of the %22.99 APR.

EDIT: Actually, it really wont be, lol. It'll be about $60 interest each month. Wow.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

bills bills bills !

Message 14 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Only apply for cards if the spend to meet the bonus makes sense for your income and spending.

It makes no sense to overspend to get a bonus, like someone else mentioned. You have to think ahead.
Message 15 of 22
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I got the Venture and im gonna have the money to pay off this $3000+ loan within my 3 months spending time frame, so I'm gonna charge it to that and immediately pay it off
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 16 of 22
noobody
Established Contributor

the way I read OP's question is:
How can I meet the 3K minimum spending requirement without actually spend?

one thing is find a way to meet the requirement, the other is actually find some money or some creative way can not be discuss here to meet it.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 17 of 22
happypill
Valued Contributor

@noobody wrote:
the way I read OP's question is:
How can I meet the 3K minimum spending requirement without actually spend?

one thing is find a way to meet the requirement, the other is actually find some money or some creative way can not be discuss here to meet it.

Yeah, you nailed it.  He doesn't have any rent or bills or anything to charge.  Only solution I can think of is to find some friends or family that do have stuff to charge & ask them to give you cash if you throw it on your card.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could just give me 3,000 bucks
😂
Message 19 of 22
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@Sullivan1986 what is the fee for paying rent with a credit card on RadPad?
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.