Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain BCE?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to obtain BCE?????

I really really want the Blue Cash Everyday Card here are my data point:

Chase Freedom $500 (given up on getting a CLI lol)

Discover IT $1,600

Citi Double Cash $1,500

Capital One Quicksilver $750

Barclay Apple Rewards $2,000 (only got this for my new laptop, currently paying it off)

Transunion: 692

Experian: 652

$45,000 in student loans. 1 late payment/chargeoff

How can i get approved for the BCE or BCP?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to obtain BCE?????

How? Smple, you apply.

Your score is right on the borderline (although there is more than just the number to factor). have you at least tried the prequal site?

Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, fi, lol.

Yeah, your Ex is on the cusp. You could wait til its higher but as recommended, check prequals frequently . Best of luck on your BCEjourneySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover IT $1,600

Citi Double Cash $1,500

Barclay Apple Rewards $2,000 (only got this for my new laptop, currently paying it off)

1 'late payment/chargeoff' - those are very different things. If a debt was written off, I'd not bother trying while that's on your record, personally. Focus on getting that removed.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nyancat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover IT $1,600

Citi Double Cash $1,500

1 'late payment/chargeoff' - those are very different things. If a debt was written off, I'd not bother trying while that's on your record, personally. Focus on getting that removed.

I have tons of charge offs on my report and yet I have 4 AMEX cards approved including BCE.  Of course my Experian is over 700. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait until your EX goes up a bit because that's mostly what AmEx pulls from, I got it with far less history than you but my EX at time of applying was 728.  728 and I only got a $500 sl :x

Message 6 of 10
601flyguy
Established Contributor

I second that. I was advised to wait until my ex was around 720. With a squeaky clean but thin file, I barely made it in with a 500 sl
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 7 of 10
601flyguy
Established Contributor

And i was preapproved if that matters
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 8 of 10
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover IT $1,600

Citi Double Cash $1,500

I have tons of charge offs on my report and yet I have 4 AMEX cards approved including BCE.  Of course my Experian is over 700. 

I didn't say it was impossible with a charge off, simply that it was a major negative, both to the OP's score and to their chances with Amex (and for good reason - would you loan money to someone known not to pay back other people?). It's better to work on getting that off their record (pay for delete, possibly) than to worry about Amex. If they get it off they'll have:

1. Done something to feel good about (paying a past debt, if they do a pay for delete).

2. Done something Amex will feel good about (they paid other people, so are more likely to pay them).

3. Done something that will boost their credit score substantially.

Then they can apply for BCE knowing their odds are good!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't think I would even get approved for the BCE. My Fico 8 EX score was 663 at the time of application. I have about 3 accounts that were charged off a couple years ago and 1 account still reporting every month as a collection item.

I was instantly approved for a $2k SL. What made me jump at actually applying was that I checked the prequals first, and the BCE came up. I recommend checking that and see if anything comes up.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.