cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain cc's, when you have no credit.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to obtain cc's, when you have no credit.

I've recently devoted ALL of my cash to becoming debt free (even went out and got a second job... *cabbage patch*) and so far its working out extremely well. I've been "snowballing" for only a month now, and I have three cards down and four to go. So naturally with all of my excitement towards credit, I want to help get my partner in the right financial state of mind. Only thing is, she has just about no credit. I even sat with her and filled out a few cc apps online that was supposed to be for ppl with little or no credit, but nada. No one wants her. So I guess what I'm asking is... how do you get credit when you have none?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: How to obtain cc's, when you have no credit.

If she shares your address (I'm guessing by "partner" that she doesn't share your name), you can add her as an authorized user (AU) on a couple of your cards. The older the better, plus clean history and low or no util.

Also, she should look into joining a credit union. She might be able to get a secured card or even a non-secured card in exchange for opening an account there. CU's are great for people in her situation.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to obtain cc's, when you have no credit.

I believe Citi will still issue a card with no credit.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.