Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to obtain visa signature?

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: How to obtain visa signature?

Visa signature and World Elite is overrated in IMO.  

I just think everyone likes them in their sig or posting them on the approval forum, lol.

Many don't use the benefits anyway, I know I never have.

Okay everyone can start the tongue lashing now.......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 11 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I don't understand the suggestion of "just applying for one" for a visa signature card. Fact is OP applied for a card -- BOA 123 -- which indeed comes as a visa signature if one qualifies. Anyway, I doubt most people get enough benefit from visa sig to justify making another new account purely because of visa sig. Applying for a 95 dollar AF CSP just because it's visa sig, for example, is probably a waste.
Message 12 of 19
pakprotector
New Contributor

My Amazon Visa is a Signature with a $2500 limit - that may be an option as well.

thanks,

BLH

Message 13 of 19
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@redpat wrote:

Visa signature and World Elite is overrated in IMO.  

I just think everyone likes them in their sig or posting them on the approval forum, lol.

Many don't use the benefits anyway, I know I never have.

Okay everyone can start the tongue lashing now.......

tougue lashing ha-ha - overall you are of correct, once in a while you get get a hotel perk or discount but that is about it. however one perk is drinking related which I found handy because, well I love to drink. getting a discount makes even ca wine taste ok http://www.sonomawine.com/visa-signature-perks/
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Boa all you have to do is ask and you'll get it in 2-4 weeks as long as you're over the 5k, if for some reason the csr is clueless call back and get another one.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Another exception is a chase Amazon visa. All of these cards are now signatures regardless of credit line. Mine is only $500. I also have CSP and a small limit old freedom.

When did you get the card? I've been looking all over amazon and chase and don't seem to find anywhere that mention a Visa Signature status.

It certainly become more attractive with a VS and instant $80 credit for someone who shops a lot on Amazon.

While it's true that it's not mentioned anywhere on the card info, a number of folks (including me) were notified that our existing Chase Amazon Rewards cards were now Visa Signatures, regardless of current credit limit (mine is $1k). 

Message 16 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
if you are interested in a visa signature card, you need to apply for one. VISA signatures start at a minimum credit limit of $5k. Having a larger than 5K credit limit on another card does not turn that card into a visa signature nor does it guarantee a product change. For example if you have a Chase Freedom with a 7k limit, that does not automatically mean Chase will approve you for a CSP, a visa signature card. You would have to apply, etc.

With most issuers this has not been true for quite a while.  As others have posted, you can get sig with a $500CL in some cases.   Also, SOME issuers will indeed upgrade an existing card, no need to apply for a new one.    But yes, not automatic.   So, 1/3!

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with you. I am not that familiar with BOA, I apologize. I assumed he didn't apply for a Visa Signature bc he didn't have one. For general purposes, I wouldn't think you can just trade in one card for another. Apparently folks on this thread have had a different experience. The thought wouldn't occur to me to change a credit card just to make it Visa Sig, however. I actually find my CSP inferior to my Chase Freedom in many respects. I'm not sure I see why it matters about the sig part so perhaps I shouldn't have chimed in.
Message 18 of 19
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@pakprotector wrote:

My Amazon Visa is a Signature with a $2500 limit - that may be an option as well.

thanks,

BLH

So yes I got approved for 3k and I called yesterday and spoke to someoene who put in the request for me to get changed over from platnium plus to visa signature and said that I would recieve my card in 2-4 weeks. So I am guessing we will see in 2-4 weeks if I get this visa signature card. I wonder if they will bump my CL for switching over just out of curiosity. I mean 5k or more would definitely be nice and I know they pull TU for CLIs and my TU just went up to the highest its ever been which is a 737. So im not sure if I should call and ask for a CL or wait or im not sure. Just give you guys opinion on it you never lead me wrong.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.