cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perfectly app/recon for Chase Freedom?

tag
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

Re: How to perfectly app/recon for Chase Freedom?

@simi_go wrote:

I'd say 99% chance you get it unless there is something on your reports you didn't mention. About the limit Chase doesn't like to be the first lender to give 5k limits. So I'd say 50/50 on your chances of the siggy. Let us know what you get.

Chase was the first lender to give me over 5k. I also have a long banking relationship with them and plenty of money in the bank which might have helped. YMMV

Edit: Also my income probably played a factor in that too in that it is over 100k. BUT...I was still shocked they gave me those credit limits and were the first to do so.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 21 of 29
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I only got approved for $3,500  for the Freedom but got $5,000 for the Chase Sapphire and is a Siggy card....   I would also  suggest apping for the CSP over the Freedom if you want that $5k + Siggy card 

Is there any additional perks to a Signature card or is it pure looks?

Message 22 of 29
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I Got approved for the Freedom and the chase Sapphire a few weeks ago which they only accepted me after I had a full year with my discover card which is my 1st card.

I had at the time of approval:

Discover -$1000

Amex - BCE-$1000 or $3000 don't remember if I asked for a CLI Before or after apping for the chase cards

Citi Thank you -$4000

Citi simplicity- $2000

Amazon Visa card- $500 ( Is a Chase card)

Amazon store card - $700

I also Do have a chase checking account

Util % Around 10% all on my discover card

700 scores for TU and EX and 682 for EQ

I only got approved for $3,500  for the Freedom but got $5,000 for the Chase Sapphire and is a Siggy card....   I would also  suggest apping for the CSP over the Freedom if you want that $5k + Siggy card 

Message 23 of 29
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Op Congrats on your approval.  Before you app'd online did you check Chase prequal just wondering if it was accurate with you also.

Message 24 of 29
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

I got my Freedom after only 4 months with my Discover it. It's a low limit and I had to recon, but it's a start. I've been banking with them for ~8 years which I'm sure had a bit to do with the recon.

Checked the pre-approval site for my gf and she was qualified for CSP, Freedom and Slate. She appd for CSP and got $6500 then the Freedom with $4500 a few minutes later. Still waiting to see how many inqs it was though...
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 25 of 29
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@TheFate wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

I Got approved for the Freedom and the chase Sapphire a few weeks ago which they only accepted me after I had a full year with my discover card which is my 1st card.

Discover -$1000

Amex - BCE-$1000 or $3000 don't remember if I asked for a CLI Before or after apping for the chase cards

Citi Thank you -$4000

Citi simplicity- $2000

Amazon store card - $700

Yes there are benefits:  better purchase protection, warranty coverage, hotel deals (if they have them in your area), rental car coverage, and even deals like buy one movie ticket get one free on Friday nights in the summers.

Message 26 of 29
Spanky23
Established Member

So if I app and only get let's say 3k, to recon would take another HP? (only have 2 or 3 in over a year)

Also would it be better to call and apply or online?

Message 27 of 29
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@nachoslibres wrote:

@TheFate wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

Discover -$1000

Citi Thank you -$4000

Citi simplicity- $2000

Amazon store card - $700

Yes there are benefits:  better purchase protection, warranty coverage, hotel deals (if they have them in your area), rental car coverage, and even deals like buy one movie ticket get one free on Friday nights in the summers.

+1

I think the Visa Siggy warranty coverage and Purchase protection is better then what Discover offers and Amex. Reading through the Chase sapphire/ CSP booklet that I got even if I bought say a $500 IPad and only put on $1 of that purchase onto the CS or CSP it is covered by those extra perks. Amex and Discover from what I read about their coverages is they require the whole Sale price onto that credit card. So if you had a 10% or whatever coupon or used a Gift card those perks are voided on those.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 28 of 29
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Spanky23 wrote:

So if I app and only get let's say 3k, to recon would take another HP? (only have 2 or 3 in over a year)

Also would it be better to call and apply or online?

99% they will do a 2nd HP.

I don't think it makes any difference with Chase if you apply online or over the phone (and I'm superstitious).  US Bank on the other hand......

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.