cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recon for Amex denial for Blue Cash Everyday?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to recon for Amex denial for Blue Cash Everyday?

Is it possible for me to still recon for an approval for amex Blue Cash Everyday? I got the letter 2 days ago saying it was due to too many inquires in a short period of time. i already tried to apply for delta skymiles, blue cash everyday. I just really want a credit card for all credit card networks (visa/mastercard/discover/amex) and amex is the last one standing! Can someone please guide me >_<

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to recon for Amex denial for Blue Cash Everyday?

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible for me to still recon for an approval for amex Blue Cash Everyday? I got the letter 2 days ago saying it was due to too many inquires in a short period of time. i already tried to apply for delta skymiles, blue cash everyday. I just really want a credit card for all credit card networks (visa/mastercard/discover/amex) and amex is the last one standing! Can someone please guide me >_<

Unless there was an error on your CRs, AMEX really isn't good about recons.   I'd suggest letting your INQs age and trying again later in the year.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright thank you for the advice Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If that really is your goal, remember that several other banks offer cards that run on the Amex network, that might (or might not) be more willing to give you a card

Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The Blue brand of amex cards are thought to be the same underwriting so don't keep applying for different versions of the same product.

I would step back for 6 months and then apply for a Gold Preferred Rewards Charge Card and if approved, apply right after for the credit card version of the amex card you want.... charge card is easier to get approved for... if you just let those INQ's age 6 months if that was your only issue, you will probably get in.

Message 5 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If that really is your goal, remember that several other banks offer cards that run on the Amex network, that might (or might not) be more willing to give you a card

+1.   There are many cards issued by other lenders that use the AMEX payment network.  However, if you're looking to establish your MSD with Centurion Bank, I think CreditAddict gave a good gameplan.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 9
Bman70
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How many inquiries did you have? (I assume they pulled Experian)

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Far too many. Not sure exact INQ amounts but like 10+ per credit agency. ill stop applying for cards now. i got everything i want right now ill just apply for the amex card in a year or so.

Message 8 of 9
Bman70
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Far too many. Not sure exact INQ amounts but like 10+ per credit agency. ill stop applying for cards now. i got everything i want right now ill just apply for the amex card in a year or so.

Yeah even 10+ doesn't seem drastically high, I've read accounts of people getting approved with a bit more than that. My own BCP approval listed "too many inquiries in last 12 months" as one reason for 13.99 APR instead of 12.99. I think I had 5 total (on Experian). If you can explain some of those inquiries, what could a recon hurt? 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.