cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recon "Too many new accs" for Barclays CC?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: How to recon "Too many new accs" for Barclays CC?

@FinStar wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:
My uti is about 20% she noted that when i first app for barclays on jan, i had a 80% uti. Then she asked me why i had 9 new acc and my answer wad lame...

I think if i take a look at my report and see what r these 9 acc i can explain them better i think i refid my car twice in the lasy year thats 2 acc and i got a couple of store cards... Keep the advise coming ill call later today better inform now

I'd say this is going to be very borderline.  Creditors do not fancy that many new accounts open in such a short period of time, even if your best explanation is "better rewards".  Of course, everyone's experience does/will vary ... good luck.

I agree.

They even have you pinned with the 80% util last app you did. Probably best you concede defeat and garden for a good bit (1 year).

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 18
Ron1
Super Contributor

@zerobacan wrote:
Ron that is a.good one!

Try it. It works. They approved $5K for Barclays Rewards MC last Sept.

Ron.

Message 12 of 18
YahComb
Established Contributor

i'm also going to give it one more  shot later this week. THey wanted to know about the accounts since beginning of 2012...even the ones over 12 months(4 of them). the ones under a year(3) were 9 and 5 months old.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 13 of 18
zerobacan
Established Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

i'm also going to give it one more  shot later this week. THey wanted to know about the accounts since beginning of 2012...even the ones over 12 months(4 of them). the ones under a year(3) were 9 and 5 months old.

They are super hiper picky with new acc prior to, and i believe that after you get the cc they will also ask you. I'm even think of never apping for them even if I get approve. The csr hours are horrible for me here in the west coast, at 2pm they are all gone.

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 14 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

I disliked Barclays a lot and I honestly applied only because they pull TU and I had 0 inquiries on my TU.
I disliked them as well even after I got approved and wanted to close my account. After some time with it, they are much better than I expected and I'm liking it more gradually
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Barclay's is weird.
I'll have to recon my Arrival app in a few weeks. Or prob even xfer some cl of my Trav Amex over.

Idk though...
I had opened 3-4 new accounts within three months of getting approved for a 6500 Trav Amex on recon.
While Barclay's is new acct/inq sensitive, once more it's a ymmv situation dependent on how accomodating the Analyst is or isn't.
The snotty young professionals usually are more hassling than the seasoned, wiser folks I find.
Anywho, good luck! Remember to remind them : no approval=
No business for them;-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 18
beb86
Valued Contributor

If by chance you are able to get a recon what ever you do DONT open anymore accounts...it will be a death blow to your barclays..

Message 17 of 18
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@zerobacan wrote:

Hi guys

I just applied for the Barclays Travelocity Amex card and called today to know the status of it.

the lady said I was fine in everything, but, I had too many new accounts open the last YEAR!!!    9 she said.

I tried to make my case but she did not bite it!

any help so I can call again and hope to get a different csr?

Thanks!!!

If the accounts are for stores, rewards usage would be an explanation. Other explanations could be balance transfers, miles rewards because you will be traveling soon...any reason that expalins that opening the card gave you better benefits. Good luck.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.