Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove possible CLI error

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to remove possible CLI error

Ok guys, so about 3 weeks ago I called for  a CLI increase of $250 bucks. My old limits was $1750. I basically wanted to make it even to $2000. So I called the customer service number and asked for the limit. Before I proceeded with the CLI I asked if they were going to use a hard or soft inquiry for the increase. The rep told me that a soft inquiry was going to be used. I agreed and waited for the answer to come back. After a few minutes she came back and told me my new  limit was $2500. I was happy since I was taking a trip to LA.

Lets fast forward to today. I go online to take a look at my credit reports, It turns out that the Discover rep indeed did pull a hard inquiry through Trans Union. Is there a chance that I can get this inquiry removed If I asked them to? And how do I do it?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
book1773
Valued Member

Re: How to remove possible CLI error

I would try and send a good will letter explaining the situation

and see if they would be kind enough to remove it. Send the

letter to the creditor Discover.

Message 2 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

you can ask, but there's really no guarantee they will remove it.  most of the time, CSRs do not know what they are talking about, so it's best to just expect a hard pull if you are asking for a CLI so you aren't surprised when something like this happens.  good luck!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Hi, josh 68684!

I'm not being a wise guy here.  I wouldn't worry so much about an inquiry.  You got a nice bump up.

Enjoy!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I will call them tomorrow. Before I knew about this website, I went on a little app spree the day after I turned 18(really stupid mistake). I currently have about 12 inquiries in my TU report. 6 of them should fall off by December of this year. I guess IM just a little disappointed with the fact that the rep most likely had no Idea what the difference between a hard and a softy Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 6
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

It happened to me few times before. CC reps sometime doesn't know the different between hard/soft pull.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.