Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to report your income?

tag
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

How to report your income?

I don't know if any of you are in commissioned sales but here goes.  When I apply with a CCC and report my HHI,  should I be reporting what I made last year?  I was in a different line of work last year and didn't make near what I am now.

I am salaried but also make a hefty commission based on sales.  I have been reporting what I will make should my paychecks stay in line with past months. 

EX:  This month 7K, Aug. 7K, July 10K  and so on.  So I took the average paycheck and calculated what year end HHI might be.  Is it ok to report HHI this way on an app.?  I can provide pay-stubs but not tax returns do to being in this line of work for less than a year.

What do you all think?

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: How to report your income?

SpecFile wrote:
I don't know if any of you are in commissioned sales but here goes.  When I apply with a CCC and report my HHI,  should I be reporting what I made last year?  I was in a different line of work last year and didn't make near what I am now.

I am salaried but also make a hefty commission based on sales.  I have been reporting what I will make should my paychecks stay in line with past months. 

EX:  This month 7K, Aug. 7K, July 10K  and so on.  So I took the average paycheck and calculated what year end HHI might be.  Is it ok to report HHI this way on an app.?  I can provide pay-stubs but not tax returns do to being in this line of work for less than a year.

What do you all think?

Thanks in advance.

Probably not a problem except with AMEX  Smiley Very Happy

I have never been asked to prove my income
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

SpecFile wrote:

What do you all think?

Thanks in advance.

I own my own business and applied based on my current yearly income.  When I was asked for financials, there was a discrpancy in what I appd with because all I had where last years tax returns. Sooo to make a long story short they approved me anyway.  Maybe they figured every SE person underestimates their income for tax purposes. I do write off everything I can but afraid to outright lie.
Message 3 of 5
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I haven't lied.  If anything I have understated.
Message 4 of 5
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

No joke about AMEX.  Smiley Very Happy  If they ever ask, they can see my pay-stubs.  Won't take long to pass their little F/R.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.