Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take max advantage of Chase Freedom Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to take max advantage of Chase Freedom Rewards

Hi,

I have got first statement cut of my chase freedom card and received 12,000 reward points. Can someone help me utilizing with max benefit. Cashback of $120 was looking tempting to me Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to take max advantage of Chase Freedom Rewards

The best way to maximize the value of Chase Freedom's rewards is to transfer them to a Sapphire Preferred.  Short of that, Chase usually offers some gift cards with more than a penny per point value, like 2,000 points for a $25 card.  

Message 2 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I have got first statement cut of my chase freedom card and received 12,000 reward points. Can someone help me utilizing with max benefit. Cashback of $120 was looking tempting to me Smiley Happy

$100 of that is a sign on bonus you get for for the 1st $500 you spend.

I would it for everyday/5% categories unless you have a better rewards card. Also, consider Chase online shopping where you get more CB.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 9
Jlu
Established Contributor

1 point = 1 penny

Unless you have a CSP, JPM Select or Ink.

Then, 1 point becomes worth about 1.3-1.6 on average.

But it is only worthwhile if you travel since hotel stays and plane tickets are useless for a work-8-days-a-week regular Joe.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Everyone. I have only Chase Checking and Freedom. So best is that I get cash back of $120.

Message 5 of 9
Jlu
Established Contributor

Well in that case today and tomorrow only the gift cards are 20% or 10% off so $100 gift card is 8,000 or 9,000 points.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 6 of 9
ceejx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Everyone. I have only Chase Checking and Freedom. So best is that I get cash back of $120.

Call them and make sure they set you up with the 10 and 10 deal since you have checking. Many small purchases instead of a single large purchase will max your rewards as you get 10 points (equal to $0.10) per transaction. And make sure you activate your rotating 5% categories, starting this weekend it changes to Best Buy, Kohls, Hotels & Airlines, but in January it moves back to gas & also does Amazon...

also log onto your chase account and check the UR Mall.. there's a section called "Earn Faster" where if you click through it to a site you might purchase stuff online from, you get higher rewards, like Kohl's is 10 extra points, Walmart is 2 extra points (so 3% cash back) .. and many of those stores have no tax since their out of state online businesses, and other ones like Walmart let you purchase and pick up from the store same day..

Message 7 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

the 10 and 10 deal should show up on your Chase CC statement..

I'm loving those extra points!!!!!

I got $131.23 this month :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 9
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

its a great card i have only had for around 6 months and between sign up offer and my CB i got around $400 so far. 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.