cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade from World to World Elite Mastercard?

tag
Subexistence
Established Contributor

How to upgrade from World to World Elite Mastercard?

I was curious how some people were able to upgrade from World to World Elite for citi Double Cash. How did they pull it off?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: How to upgrade from World to World Elite Mastercard?

Is there a specific world elite benefit you will use? Or is it just a bragging rights thing?
Message 2 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

AFAIK, no one has really "upgraded" their Double Cash intentionally, at least not that they've posted about. Sometime last year (or possibly 2015, don't remember for sure), Citi simply began issuing many Double Cash cards as World Elite. It's unclear why, other than increased swipe fees. It's also unclear why some still just get a World card.

Having said that, for 99% of people, you aren't going to use the benefits so I would not stress too much about it one way or the other.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

AFAIK, no one has really "upgraded" their Double Cash intentionally, at least not that they've posted about. Sometime last year (or possibly 2015, don't remember for sure), Citi simply began issuing many Double Cash cards as World Elite. It's unclear why, other than increased swipe fees. It's also unclear why some still just get a World card.

This was the case for me. They issued me a $1,200 SL WEMC, and when I have attempted to use the World Elite benefits (namely the Mastercard concierge app), the system tells me that my card is not eligible for World Elite benefits. Appears to just be Citi stealing a few extra basis points on swipes.

Message 4 of 5
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Is it illegal for citi to do that?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.