Reply
Contributor
pat0812
Posts: 91
Registered: ‎09-10-2012

How to use your walmart card to get CLI ?

Hello,

 

I got my walmart card 2 months ago with a $400 limit

My first statement cycle closed 2 days after i got my card so i got a $0 balance and no statement

In my second cycle, i used the card once for $59 and PIF after i got the statement, and $59 was reported to all agencies.

 

Last week i called underwriting to give it a try for CLI, and told them i want to buy some electronics with the 18 no interest rate and we are in the holiday season....

anyway i obviously got denied

 

Now my question is: How much should i use my card every month to get the best chances for a CLI in the future ?

 

                                      When will i hit the 4 months ? After my 4th or 5th statement ? because the first month i didn't use the card (only 2 days in the statement cycle )

                                     Does that month counts in my case or not ?

 

Please advice me from personal experience

 


Starting Score: EQ 683 TU 714
Current Score: EQ 683 TU 714
Goal Score: EQ 740 TU 740


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 18,818
Registered: ‎10-23-2007

Re: How to use your walmart card to get CLI ?


pat0812 wrote:

Hello,

 

I got my walmart card 2 months ago with a $400 limit

My first statement cycle closed 2 days after i got my card so i got a $0 balance and no statement

In my second cycle, i used the card once for $59 and PIF after i got the statement, and $59 was reported to all agencies.

 

Last week i called underwriting to give it a try for CLI, and told them i want to buy some electronics with the 18 no interest rate and we are in the holiday season....

anyway i obviously got denied

 

Now my question is: How much should i use my card every month to get the best chances for a CLI in the future ?

 

                                      When will i hit the 4 months ? After my 4th or 5th statement ? because the first month i didn't use the card (only 2 days in the statement cycle )

                                     Does that month counts in my case or not ?

 

Please advice me from personal experience

 


GE gives CLI auto usually between 2-4 months, but possibly 6... you should start requesting after 4 but maybe 6 if you don't get an auto.

GE likes TONS OF USE!!!! 

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
CruzImperial
Posts: 863
Registered: ‎07-04-2012

Re: How to use your walmart card to get CLI ?

I used my card lightly like you and got auto cli at the end of second month.
Usually a cli is ready to be requested after 4-6 months. They do give 1% cash back so purchasing anything that does not earn you a higher cash back than that in other cards will increase usage likely cls when requested.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . App free since Aug 2013 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 1k | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 6k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 800 | CSP 7.2k
Valued Contributor
Jutz
Posts: 1,216
Registered: ‎05-10-2012

Re: How to use your walmart card to get CLI ?

 


CruzImperial wrote:
I used my card lightly like you and got auto cli at the end of second month.
Usually a cli is ready to be requested after 4-6 months. They do give 1% cash back so purchasing anything that does not earn you a higher cash back than that in other cards will increase usage likely cls when requested.

This is only for the Discover

  • Current: EQ FICO 694, TU FICO 695, EX FICO 698 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $29,500
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 6 TU 3 EX 6 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $5000
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $1000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $2400
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Valued Contributor
kevinjjc
Posts: 1,299
Registered: ‎01-14-2009

Re: How to use your walmart card to get CLI ?

For Walmart Discover card:

Up to $1,500 = 0.25%
$1,501 - $3,000 = 0.50%
Over $3,000 = 1.00%
New Contributor
Elcid89
Posts: 567
Registered: ‎10-04-2012

Re: How to use your walmart card to get CLI ?


kevinjjc wrote:
For Walmart Discover card:

Up to $1,500 = 0.25%
$1,501 - $3,000 = 0.50%
Over $3,000 = 1.00%

Agreed. The "rewards" on this card are abysmal. The only reason to get it, IMO, is the free monthly TU FICO score

 

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

New Contributor
Bcunniff9
Posts: 69
Registered: ‎08-13-2009

Re: How to use your walmart card to get CLI ?

In my experience, heavy use is the key. Started off at $600, now at 3k with discover offer. I've had the card 15 months.

Starting Score 3/26/2010: TU: 506 EQ: 554
Current Score 11/23/2013: TU: 702 EQ: 694 EX 695
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Amex Zync - Orchard $420 - Wal-Mart $600
Frequent Contributor
SwampSystems
Posts: 358
Registered: ‎06-25-2012

Re: How to use your walmart card to get CLI ?


Elcid89 wrote:

kevinjjc wrote:
For Walmart Discover card:

Up to $1,500 = 0.25%
$1,501 - $3,000 = 0.50%
Over $3,000 = 1.00%

Agreed. The "rewards" on this card are abysmal. The only reason to get it, IMO, is the free monthly TU FICO score

 


I wouldn't call a 15 cents/gallon discount abysmal.

Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123
Posts: 455
Registered: ‎01-04-2012

Re: How to use your walmart card to get CLI ?


pat0812 wrote:

Hello,

 

I got my walmart card 2 months ago with a $400 limit

My first statement cycle closed 2 days after i got my card so i got a $0 balance and no statement

In my second cycle, i used the card once for $59 and PIF after i got the statement, and $59 was reported to all agencies.

 

Last week i called underwriting to give it a try for CLI, and told them i want to buy some electronics with the 18 no interest rate and we are in the holiday season....

anyway i obviously got denied

 

Now my question is: How much should i use my card every month to get the best chances for a CLI in the future ?

 

                                      When will i hit the 4 months ? After my 4th or 5th statement ? because the first month i didn't use the card (only 2 days in the statement cycle )

                                     Does that month counts in my case or not ?

 

Please advice me from personal experience

 


I use my card on a regular basis grocery especially i get a increase every 3 to 4 months i would suggest using the card every month and paying it off instead of using it every other month or every 3 months this is from my personal experience.

Established Contributor
jordanmedical
Posts: 1,011
Registered: ‎04-08-2012

Re: How to use your walmart card to get CLI ?

Do you have to let it post a balance or can you use heavily and pay in full monthly for the same result?

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+