cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use your walmart card to get CLI ?

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: How to use your walmart card to get CLI ?

I would let it post for 1 statement and then pay it down since next time it reports your UTIL will have rebounded 

Message 11 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I always let my GE cards report a balance, otherwise a statement doesn't generate amd I have heard of people getting denied CLIs due to "not rnough experience and current credit limit" because no statements have generated. Obviously others have gotten CLIs without reporting balances, but im in the garden so I don't mind if my score drops a few points.
Message 12 of 14
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
I always let my GE cards report a balance, otherwise a statement doesn't generate amd I have heard of people getting denied CLIs due to "not rnough experience and current credit limit" because no statements have generated. Obviously others have gotten CLIs without reporting balances, but im in the garden so I don't mind if my score drops a few points.

I'm one of those people.  I haven't had a statement generate since the spring, because I never let a balance report.  That's going to change though.  I'm going to make my walmart card my 1-9% reporting card, and keep everything else paid off.  A tank of gas each month should cover it.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 13 of 14
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

this is all true. 

ive had my card since end of july and still dont have a statement. 

asked for a cli and was denied by the system but asked to be manually reviewed and was approved 800 to 3k. 

no discover version yet though. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.