Valued Contributor
beb86

Re: How to use your walmart card to get CLI ?

I would let it post for 1 statement and then pay it down since next time it reports your UTIL will have rebounded 

ccpics2.jpg
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

I always let my GE cards report a balance, otherwise a statement doesn't generate amd I have heard of people getting denied CLIs due to "not rnough experience and current credit limit" because no statements have generated. Obviously others have gotten CLIs without reporting balances, but im in the garden so I don't mind if my score drops a few points.
Regular Contributor
gijoe4500

jsucool76 wrote:
I always let my GE cards report a balance, otherwise a statement doesn't generate amd I have heard of people getting denied CLIs due to "not rnough experience and current credit limit" because no statements have generated. Obviously others have gotten CLIs without reporting balances, but im in the garden so I don't mind if my score drops a few points.

I'm one of those people.  I haven't had a statement generate since the spring, because I never let a balance report.  That's going to change though.  I'm going to make my walmart card my 1-9% reporting card, and keep everything else paid off.  A tank of gas each month should cover it.

Last Hard Pull 05/24/2013

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: AmEx EX: 700 Walmart TU: 711 EQ: 699
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 740!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
creditnocash

this is all true. 

ive had my card since end of july and still dont have a statement. 

asked for a cli and was denied by the system but asked to be manually reviewed and was approved 800 to 3k. 

no discover version yet though. 

Current: Discover Fico 689 9/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}