Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How tough is amazon chase card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How tough is amazon chase card?

I am thinking about applying for amazon chase card. Every time i shop from amzon this options appears during payment, thinking of getting $30 as signing bonus as well. Not sure about the odds of getting this card!!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

Re: How tough is amazon chase card?

Hi friend,

I don't know about the cut off , I got approved for it when my experian at the time was 724, they pulled Experian solely. If you shop on Amazon I say go for it, very very good  card for amazon, it's pretty much 3 percent cash back (if you think of it as using the points for a purchase), and 2 percent restaurants, 1 percent anything else. The chase user interface can be a little nicer but overall it's cool.

Message 2 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Id say go for it and worse case if you don't get it you could just get the store version which is GE.

How old is your freedom, Chase seems very good when it comes to a 2nd card, it's just the first that I see they suck a lot.

Message 3 of 13
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Chase amazon rewards was my first card with Chase. I will tell you at the time I had 2 collections and one was listed as under two years old. My scores at approval were a 644 TU and 657 equifax.

@Anonymous wrote:

I am thinking about applying for amazon chase card. Every time i shop from amzon this options appears during payment, thinking of getting $30 as signing bonus as well. Not sure about the odds of getting this card!!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 4 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Both of my sisters got the chase amazon with absolutely no history...so they don't have strict requirements. 

Message 5 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@angelnyc wrote:

Hi friend,

I don't know about the cut off , I got approved for it when my experian at the time was 724, they pulled Experian solely. If you shop on Amazon I say go for it, very very good  card for amazon, it's pretty much 3 percent cash back (if you think of it as using the points for a purchase), and 2 percent restaurants, 1 percent anything else. The chase user interface can be a little nicer but overall it's cool.

Hrm, I didn't know about the 2% on restaurants, that's a pretty good card for my spending habits and my current credit strata, probably better than Freedom even.  For some reason I thought that benefit was only on the CSP.  Thanks!

        
Message 6 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@angelnyc wrote:

Hi friend,

Hrm, I didn't know about the 2% on restaurants, that's a pretty good card for my spending habits and my current credit strata, probably better than Freedom even.  For some reason I thought that benefit was only on the CSP.  Thanks!

Yeah, you get 1% everything, 2% on dining, drugstores and gas, and 3% on amazon. 

Message 7 of 13
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I thought it was 2 pt per dollar for drugstores and has as well.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 8 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Crashem wrote:

I thought it was 2 pt per dollar for drugstores and has as well.

Yeah, I saw that looking at the online advertisement for it; maybe I need to change my mid-term credit portfolio and get this card, and then beg and plead BOFA to switch me to their travel card since I may wind up spending a non-trivial amount of time in Europe next year.  Probably a little far fetched with my current credit score but with a 17 year relationship and BOFA's apparent new stance on customer loyalty, stranger things have happened.

        
Message 9 of 13
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Id say go for it and worse case if you don't get it you could just get the store version which is GE.

How old is your freedom, Chase seems very good when it comes to a 2nd card, it's just the first that I see they suck a lot.

wouldn't it be two separate apps for the store card and the visa??

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.